Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Zoeshayne's bankroll builder

Old
Zoeshayne's bankroll builder - Tue Oct 09, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hey guys, I haven`t made a deposit, how can I receive my bankroll?
I've completed a couple of quizzes already, can i still apply for it?

Last edited by Zoeshayne; Tue Oct 09, 2012 at 05:17 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 06:09 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeshayne View Post
Hey guys, I haven`t made a deposit, how can I receive my bankroll?
I've completed a couple of quizzes already, can i still apply for it?
Hi Zoeshayne,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline.

We'll advise within the next 24 hours if your eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.

In the mean time feel free to browse www.pokerschoolonline.com. >>click here<< for a complete overview of what PokerSchoolOnline has to offer.

Thank you for being a member of PokerSchoolOnline and best of luck to you at the tables!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 09, 2012, 07:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi Zoeshayne,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practising on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
1st step.. - Wed Oct 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
(#4)
Hey guys!
I've listened to "Getting Started with PokerStars", "Introduction to Bet Sizing" and "Entering a Cash Game Pot" last night. Great courses, knew some of the important stuff, thanks to the coach
Keep on reading the articles and completing the tests...

Old
Wed Oct 10, 2012, 04:18 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Play some hands at the play money tables and post a hand that you had difficulties with here in this thread.
Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Once you've done that, we will advance to the next step in your Bank Roll Builder.

Good luck!

Old
Problem with odds. - Wed Oct 10, 2012, 09:00 AM
(#6)

Here is the problem that i can't get away now..The opponents were betting awkward, and i thought i had the odds for catching my set...I understand, that i should have easy-folded it, but where?...flop?...

Thanks anyway guys..

Old
And one more... - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 02:10 AM
(#7)

That is so cute...

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
(#8)
Quote:

Here is the problem that i can't get away now..The opponents were betting awkward, and i thought i had the odds for catching my set...I understand, that i should have easy-folded it, but where?...flop?...

Thanks anyway guys..
Hi Zoeshayne,

is a nice hand to try and flop three of a kind with as it is a very disguised hand post flop.

There are a few lines to take with
1.) I can open for a 3x to 4x raise UTG, maybe call 3bet in a heads up(1 on 1) scenario in hopes to flop a set (three of a kind) on the flops where the villain connects with top pair, I can expect to win a big pot.

2.) I can open for a 3x raise UTG and fold to a 3bet as I will very rarely feel comfortable playing a 3bet pot post flop possibly out of position and at best I am hoping to set mine (flop a set)

3.) I can fold pre flop, it is very likely that a villain ahead of me has folded a :3 , which limits me to only 1 out also almost all flops are going go c/f (check fold) or rather fit or fold post flop.

I hope 1 through 3 helps! What articles have you read here on www.pokerschoolonline.com?

May I suggest that you watch TheLangolier (Dave Roemer "Head PSO Trainer" videos). >>click here<<

Good luck!

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 08:37 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 08:58 AM
(#9)
Quote:

That is so cute...
Hi Zoeshayne,

I'd like to see you play more 9 seated No Limit Holdem.

3 handed I like the call with it's a implied odds hand and on the right flops very disguised!

I would also lead out with a bet but for the amount of 3/4 pot for value when I flop a straight on an all :h flop, I'd be trying to get value from any flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>set>>pairs etc...

When I get raised after leading out, I can:

1.) Take a passive line c/c (check call) and re-evaluate the turn if it is a :h as it is very likely a :h is in one of the villains hole cards.

2.) Raise 3x the amount of the min raiser to get value from
flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>set>> over pairs etc...

3.) Raise all in to get value from flush draws>>straight draws>>over pairs>>sets>>over pairs etc...

If you have any questions about a 9 max No Limit Holdem hand that you have played, post them here in this thread.

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:03 AM
(#10)
Hi CannonLee,

About 33 - I was definitely going for a set on a flop, but thanks to my opponents i could check the turn with great odds (i only had to add 6 to the pot 94), and then for river too (add 10 to the pot 120). Maybe next time I'll eventually catch my set

I've read through most of the articles and successfully finished the quizzes "Poker Basis", "Cash game", "STT" and "MTT". The last ones with pretty low scores, so I'm reviewing the articles and looking for my leaks...

Thanks for advising TheLangolier's videos, I'll definitely check it out!

Thank you!

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:32 AM
(#11)
Hi,

You will receive your first Bank Roll Builder buy in within the next 24 hours!

Play at the 9 seated (9-max) No Limit Holdem 1/2c real money tables with your first Bank Roll Builder buy in. Also be sure to post hands in this thread with the replayer that you did not feel to sure about and I'd gladly assist you!

Good luck! Win some big pots!

Last edited by CannonLee; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old
1st session. - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 01:24 PM
(#12)
Hey guys!

Got the $2, thank you!
Played the first session, everything went pretty well, going to analyze the hand history later...but the one's that I clearly remember having difficulties I'll post now...

1st. Even though got the pot, but I think my call on the flop was totally unacceptable...

2nd. And again problems on the flop...should i call this bet, or it's better to fold?...

3rd. Ace's are always nice to see, question about the turn...Should I be afraid of the flush or it is an easy call?..

Sorry if those questions are silly, but I really got stuck here...Thanks for your help anyways!

Further hands I'll post tomorrow after the review of the session.

So far:
BANKROLL - $6.28
FPP - 3.86

Keep on going!

Last edited by Zoeshayne; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 05:44 AM
(#13)
Quote:
Hey guys!

Got the $2, thank you!
Played the first session, everything went pretty well, going to analyze the hand history later...but the one's that I clearly remember having difficulties I'll post now...

1st. Even though got the pot, but I think my call on the flop was totally unacceptable...
Hi,

Nice to see you got the buy-in. You are doing very well at the real money tables! Tripled your buy in and 1/3 of the way to 10vpps!

Pre flop I would raise 3x the big blind in the high jack positio. I want to get the pot heads up, limping in is just inviting more players to see the flop and decreasing my overall hand value.

On the flop I will just call the villain4 bet of 8c for pot control also for information from the button and small blind( if they have a :J hand, as it's a limped pot pre-flop) and re-evaluate the turn.

The way the hand played out I will be folding to villain4 > 4bet jam, in a multi way limp pot on the flop a 50bb jam is rarely ever a bluff, it's very likely they could have connected with this flop with a wide range of hands, also lets factor in the button that called my 3bet raise on such a dry board.

Quote:
. And again problems on the flop...should i call this bet, or it's better to fold?...
is a top 5 starting hand and definitely worth a raise of 3x the big blind pre-flop.

The flop I completely miss, I could still have the best hand depending on how often the villains involved in this pot play a hand(range of hands) and their tendencies post flop(do they chase flush draws, straight draws etc..). I will continuation bet 1/2 pot, if I get called and my hand doesn't improve on the turn, I will put the brakes on and stop barrelling (bluffing) check and fold to any bets. Hopefully the action goes check>>check to get a free showdown with ace high or improve my hand on the river.

Quote:
3rd. Ace's are always nice to see, question about the turn...Should I be afraid of the flush or it is an easy call?..

Sorry if those questions are silly, but I really got stuck here...Thanks for your help anyways!
Further hands I'll post tomorrow after the review of the session.
So far:
BANKROLL - $6.28
FPP - 3.86
Keep on going!
On the turn it is possible that they have a flush, but if they did have it why would they raise such a strong made hand on the button and scare a worse hand out of the pot?

Their turn raise could mean this:
1.) Raising for value with top pair to get action from a back door flush draw. There is a wide range of hands that they can be doing this with. (ex. JT JQ JA J8 etc..)

2.) Raising as a semi-bluff with or , maybe even in some scenarios a gut shot draw

We have the back door nut flush draw. I'd get it in with on that board any day, there are just so many hands that we have dominated in this spot.

Very nice pot!

Last edited by CannonLee; Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 07:06 AM..

Old
Here we go. - Fri Oct 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
(#14)
Hey guys!

Obviously here came the expected - my leaks in the game killed me. More or less, my mistakes are obvious to me, but I'll post the hands that took biggest banks from me.
Here they are:

1.Again overplayed the hand...should have check-folded the turn...

2.Really having doubt if i could somehow avoid this one...maybe if it wasn't for K on the river - could fold..

3.Overplayed Jacks...hard to comment, again a big mistake, should have folded after 4bet..

4. That was actually pretty fun, never saw anything like this before

Results are actually pretty bad...lost the whole bankroll, the only thing that somehow supports my mood - I've hit the 10 FPP on the last hand...So:

BANKROLL - $0
FPP - 10.32

p.s. Currently thinking about depositing $10 to get the tickets from the SNG quiz, and, mainly, to have a deeper bankroll for avoiding this kind of bankruptcy...and + the promo bonus...maybe its a good idea.

Thanks for helping me out guys, appreciate it! Cheers

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 05:32 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Hey guys!

Obviously here came the expected - my leaks in the game killed me. More or less, my mistakes are obvious to me, but I'll post the hands that took biggest banks from me.
Here they are:

1.Again overplayed the hand...should have check-folded the turn...
Hi,

I like the 3x raise UTG with !

We miss the flop and since we have the initiative in the pot on a relatively dry flop, a continuation bet of 1/2 to 3/4 pot is nice as there could potentially be some dead money in the pot, or we can get some thin value with our high from a range of flush draws and inside straight draws.

The turn I would check>>fold to any bets as well the river.

Quote:
2.Really having doubt if i could somehow avoid this one...maybe if it wasn't for K on the river - could fold..
I'd like to see a raise pre-flop with :K:T to about 8c, in these situations where it is blind vs. blind and the sb limps they just would like to see an affordable flop, they'll show up with such a a wide range that just about any K8+ A8+ should be raised for value

Post flop on the turn leading for a 4c bet is fine and calling the check min raise from the villain is fine as we want to keep all of his bluffs in the hand and snap call the river bet. On the river I would not raise even though I'm holding top 2 pairs. I need to factor in that it was a limp pot and that 87 and low pocket pairs could certainly be well within their range.

Ask your self this question each time you raise. What am I trying to get value from when I raise? This hand in general.

Quote:
3.Overplayed Jacks...hard to comment, again a big mistake, should have folded after 4bet..
is a very tricky spot, I'd open the pot for 3x and fold to any 4bets from tight villains, most times at this level a 4bet means the top of their range AA, KK, AKs and QQ.
Of course this all depends on the player tendencies and table dynamics as everyone has a different 4bet range. But there could be room to justify a 5bet jam against certain opponents that are capable of 4bet stealing from the blinds wide. (Loose villains) What where your reads on villain6? Curious to know..)

For a moment their I was jumping for joy when I saw the in the window on the flop!

Quote:
4. That was actually pretty fun, never saw anything like this before

Results are actually pretty bad...lost the whole bankroll, the only thing that somehow supports my mood - I've hit the 10 FPP on the last hand...So:

BANKROLL - $0
FPP - 10.32

p.s. Currently thinking about depositing $10 to get the tickets from the SNG quiz, and, mainly, to have a deeper bankroll for avoiding this kind of bankruptcy...and + the promo bonus...maybe its a good idea.

Thanks for helping me out guys, appreciate it! Cheers
hand is the best starting hand in holdem. I like the open raise size! When it comes to the villain 3betting from the big blind what where your reads? I'd like to see a bigger sized 4bet to around 60c as there was a caller behind from our original 3x open. If we min raise with and villain2 behind decides to flat and villain8 didn't 3bet with a legit hand then proceeding flat...it's just decreasing our overall value post flop.

Interesting action with the raising pre-flop

If you are to deposit at this stage of your Bank Roll Builder, you will no longer be eligible for the remaining buy-ins. I'll inform you shortly when the next buy-in will be awarded.

You are learning very quickly and your thought process for poker is developing, I like what I see! Well done!

Last edited by CannonLee; Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM..

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 07:43 AM
(#16)
Hi,

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours!

If you encounter any situations that you did not feel to sure about, post the hand replay here in your thread and I'll help you out!

This time around, I'd like to see you focus on taking notes on the villains at your table and getting reads on them.

Here is an example:

Villain1 is playing very wild, they have shown down very marginal holdings and call down in and out of position to frequently and over bet 2nd pair.

Hands that they show down:
97o early position
J5s UTG1 position
K3o mid position
A2o UTG

Good luck and win some huge pots!

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 10:16 AM
(#17)
Hi CannonLee,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonLee View Post

is a very tricky spot ....
What where your reads on villain6? Curious to know..)
Villain6 was relatively aggressive with raising and 3betting. Hard to judge, whether that was bluff or actual hands, but due to amount of those raises I can hardly believe all of that were actual hands, that's why I've decided to shove Jacks into him, I felt that with them I'll usually find myself in front of his range... But maybe I should have thought, that he will not bluff really wide into 2 opponents (me and Villain5)...

Quote:
hand....
When it comes to the villain 3betting from the big blind what where your reads? I'd like to see a bigger sized 4bet to around 60c as there was a caller behind from our original 3x open. If we min raise with and villain2 behind decides to flat and villain8 didn't 3bet with a legit hand then proceeding flat...it's just decreasing our overall value post flop.

Interesting action with the raising pre-flop
Villain8 was EXTREMELY tight at the table, for all my presence there he went just into couple of hands, so when he 3betted me - I was sure, that he's got something big and he will not let it go, at that moment I've put him on KK (I didn't think of AA though).
I was thinking long time about amount of 4bet, because as I said earlier, I put villain8 on a monster-hand, which will 5bet me anyway (which I would really like), but I was hoping to get some chips from villain2...That's why I decided to min-raise there. The plan was to get a call from villain2, get a 5bet from a monster-hand of villain8, and push my Aces. What should villain 2 have in his hand to call 5bet and a push from 2 tight players, which haven't played that many hands and then decided to start such an action?..I think he would even lay down Queens here, and maybe call with KK, which I'd love. But he folds, and it comes only to villain8.
The size of his 5bet for some reason made me think, that he can still fold this one, so I decided to make it look better for him and instead of push made another re-raise. After his 7bet (7bet, wow, I don't even know if this term does exist) that was an easy shove.

Quote:
If you are to deposit at this stage of your Bank Roll Builder, you will no longer be eligible for the remaining buy-ins. I'll inform you shortly when the next buy-in will be awarded.
You are learning very quickly and your thought process for poker is developing, I like what I see! Well done!
So does it mean, that depositing later will be a better choice? But how about SNG tickets, that are going to expire 18 days after the finishing of the quiz?

Thank you for your help, I hope i can keep on improving my game with your assistance! Cheers

Last edited by Zoeshayne; Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: misspell

Old
Another day, another problem... - Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:58 AM
(#18)
Hey guys! Finally found some time to post here.

So, after getting a new bankroll of $2, I sat at the table with a clear thought of paying attention to how do people play and putting notes on them. It all started fairly nice, will a good double-up:

Here I've already had a note, that villain1 is limp-folding preflop from any position, or comes to see the flop and folds if he didn't hit it.

and then one of the next hands:

After this hand, I've put a note on villain 7, that he is ready to call a 3bb raise from early position, and call down flop-turn-river with just 22 on board 377J6.

But here came the hand, that took most of my bank...

Having a note on both villain7 and 1 I've made a call with 99, and I believe due to the table action - that was not a big miss (or maybe it was). Then a sweet flop comes to me - I get my set, we have a king, which villain7 or 1 may like, and we got a flush draw, lots of cards to get some value from.
Villain1 checks, what made be think about JJ or QQ, coz with KK+ he will probably re-raise preflop, and with AK he will definitely bet the flop to defend (and gain value)from flush-draw.
So it comes to me and I make a 3/4 size value bet, get called by villain7 and get a push (!!!) from villain1. Here I got really confused. What hand could push like that? AA or KK would re-raise preflop, AK would bet the flop, QQ or lower will not push on the King-high flop, coz they can easily be behind already in this spot. Finally, I've put him on slowplay of AK on flop, which looked most likely to me, and I've made a call with my set.
On the showdown - WOW! Just WOW!
Villain7 - AQs, call of 3bb bet on preflop, call a push (my bet put him into push-or-fold) with a flush-draw.
Villain1 - KK, just a call on preflop, slowplay set of Kings on the flop.

The next hand after that I make a mistake again and it becomes the last hand at the table:

After the review of the session, I've found out that this mistake is coming to me EVERY TIME. We get a freeplay from BB, catch second or bottom pair on the flop, get second pair on the turn/river and give away the stack to the set or trips. Here is the example of the same situation with the same outcome:

I should make myself more careful in this kind of situation and pay more attention to my opponents!

So here we go back to the zero again. I think I'll go for $10 deposit, which will provide a deeper bankroll for my cash game, I think I will feel safer with some backup. + with and offer of 200% bonus and SNG tickets - it becomes a sweet deal. I know, that I will not further be eligible for bankroll builder, but I hope I can still be eligible for your help and hand analysis

Cheers guys, good luck at the tables!

Last edited by Zoeshayne; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: wrong hand posted.

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 02:30 PM
(#19)
Hi,

in the big blind is an ok hand in a limp pot.
I flop top pair :T kicker, I would bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot for value, there is a wide range of hands to get value from such as (ex. flush draws, open enders as well gut shot draws, it is highly likely that one the villains limped in with a weaker Qx hand depending on table dynamics) I like the check on the turn to induce a bluff. The river is safe to check call, there is a possiblity that they do have a flush or an ace but it was a limp pre-flop which any ace in position is going to open for a raise most times. I'm curious to know the reads you have on villain2.

I like the open raise to 3x, but when the cut off 3bet jams 25bb and villain1 with the extremely tight image flat calls I'm not feeling to comfortable calling behind in a multiway becuase my overall equity against a tight calling range of AQs+ premiums. I'm not favored in this scenario. The flop I do get fortunate enough to hit my set, all the money is going in on such a dry board. Extremely unlucky to flop set over set.

in the big blind I would check my option through because this hand doesn't flop particularly well,
also the villain has a very straight forward image
and plays fit or fold post flop. I flop 2nd pair top kicker, I like the check call line to re-evaluate the turn. I would also proceed to take the same line as I did on the flop as my turn line for pot control also let's factor the villains tendencies of being extremely tight post flop. This hand can be justified as a fold against an extremely tight player as their range is perceived for 4betting a set or better post flop, but more times than not the chips will get in to the center of the table. Unlucky spot.

I'd check my option in the big blind.
I do not flop to well all I have is :Q high. On the the turn I hit a 9 most times I'd be check calling to induce all air to bluff. The river I hit a Q, again I'd check call the river as I'm readless on this villain there are not to many worse hands that call this river as bluff catcher.

You are doing well at the 9-max tables!
Just getting in cooler spots!

Last edited by CannonLee; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 05:22 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#20)
Hey CannonLee,

Thanks for another piece of priceless hand review, I'm learning a lot from you!
I'd like to confirm about deposit. In your opinion, how much should I deposit (should I deposit?) to play a nice solid safe poker at 1c/2c limit and not worry about bankruptcy? Because I'm starting to think, that $10 might not be enough too...

Thanks for your help! Cheers

Last edited by Zoeshayne; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 05:18 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com