Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

back to BS!

Old
back to BS! - Wed Oct 10, 2012, 10:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
Ok decided to reload min, and come back to play some nit tag poker.

And lmao as my aces got flattened and so on and so, could not win a race surprise surprise.

always ahead but bk to always loosing.

like i said come bk to bs.

downswing,variance, what ever!

my technical term is BS,

and now you people are use pokertracker 4, which in fact is a human controlled bot,its just so pointless.

This is not poker, nothing more than a game for bots now.

Disgusted in stars really for allowing software like this to be used and all the BS to go with it where as the maths never holds when that switch is against you, complete rubbish

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 01:04 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
LOL...........he's BACKKKKKKKK

Hey Holdem, Zinga poker is calling you

Bye Bye

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
good to see you back holdem carnt believe you re loaded tho haha

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 03:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Ok decided to reload min, and come back to play some nit tag poker.

And lmao as my aces got flattened and so on and so, could not win a race surprise surprise.

always ahead but bk to always loosing.

like i said come bk to bs.

downswing,variance, what ever!

my technical term is BS, If you're talking about this post of yours,I wholeheartedly concur. It's pure,unadulterated BS.

and now you people are use pokertracker 4, which in fact is a human controlled bot,its just so pointless. 1000% WRONG!!! Yet again you confuse your opinions (as misguided and uninformed as they are) with FACTS. PT4 is LEGAL software per PS's TOS and does NOT make decisions for players. FAIL!

This is not poker, nothing more than a game for bots now. Again,wrong. But "congratulations" on being such an up and coming future star of the poker world that you can't even beat,were you correct in your rant (you ain't...),a bevy of micro-ballers using automatons.

Disgusted in stars really for allowing software like this to be used and all the BS to go with it where as the maths never holds when that switch is against you, complete rubbish "It's not rigged...it's just rigged against ME!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
LOL...........he's BACKKKKKKKK

Hey Holdem, Zinga poker is calling you

Bye Bye

Zynga Poker would pawn him,Trap.

Tigers don't change their stripes,rigtards don't change their gripes.

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 06:21 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Are you still playing 1/2c the silly end of the microstakes?
Look at it this way when we play a turbo the variance is higher due to time factors so why can we not assume that playing at 1/2c stakes also gives us higher variance because we play against more call machines, at 25c players understand what I am trying to say when I make a bet but in 1/2c nl they have no clue and while my aces hold up quite well at 25nl because most of the times its a HU situation, in the lower end of micro,s sometimes I'm facing 3 or 4 players with my pocket rockets and they tend to get crushed, like Phil Galfond tweeted once microstakes are like your birthday ppl keep calling you and eventually you get tired of it or something to them lines I've had a sleep since then

Play nothing less than 25nl theres no point to learning advanced play to sit at a 1/2c table, it will not work.

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Did you know that many of the authorized companion programs have a free trial period? Instead of ranting against these options, why not embrace them?

When I could still play cash games, I intended to give several of these a try. I did use "Tournament Indicator" for its 48-hour trial period. My opinion, I was overwhelmed by the information and had no idea how to interpret the information. I needed more time.

The program you mentioned has a 30-day trial and I intended to get the trial version. Then came Black Friday.

The thing is, you can use these as an aid, but the program will not give you that magic bullet. It doesn't tell you "this is the hand," or advise you. It will give you more insight into your decisions.

My suggestion, try the 30-day trial version of Leak Buster. Use it for twenty-five days, and use the last five days examining your game. You might be surprised what kind of helpful hints it could provide. You already know one, your tendency to tilt. Have you fixed that leak?

Every player will cry the blues about something here. I'm going to challenge you, prove it. I don't want to see selected hands, I want to see your record with those "monster hands" that keep losing. Perhaps you'll remember my group one and two studies. You might be surprised how well those hands do. Again, you might also be playing them wrong. Remember, aces are no guarantee, especially against half the table at one time.

I've heard it many times that you have to adjust your game to be a successful player. At the low end of ring, players are far too loose. I learned that the hard way too. They seldom respect your bet. They see such plays as a challenge. When they win, you feel crushed. The higher stakes might respect your bets, but have you the skills to compete?

Consider chip play as a training area before hitting the cash tables. I know everyone phoo-phooes the chip action, but it offers you a free way to practice before playing for cash. You might also look into offline poker programs that offer programable opponents. Playing them could be a great training idea. Cannot remember the one I had before my system crashed, but I loved playing against a programed table of players similar to those that killed me here. I learned a lot from that software.

The thing is, you're blaming everyone and everything for your failure. The real cause of your problems, like it is for any player, is the man in the mirror. Stop lying to him and do something about your problems. Crying like an overaged baby isn't the way. Study, read books, review your play, use authorized companion software, try offline software. You have options, if you honestly want to get better.

However, if you enjoy wallowing in self pity, we all thank you for the laughs.

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
I whinge on my own thread about only winning with AA 63% of the time when I should be winning 80%+ but I know it comes and goes around.

It happens, if you lose it's either you or your opponents problem but one thing I never blame it on is the RNG.

Keep records if you don't believe me.

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I whinge on my own thread about only winning with AA 63% of the time when I should be winning 80%+ but I know it comes and goes around.

It happens, if you lose it's either you or your opponents problem but one thing I never blame it on is the RNG.

Keep records if you don't believe me.

So true. Just check here and here you can check out my stats. Like I said, these numbers are close to the statistical norm. Some are better, some are worse, which is as it should be.

And best of all, you don't need sophisticated software. Just a pencil, paper, and a little math.

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
So true. Just check here and here you can check out my stats. Like I said, these numbers are close to the statistical norm. Some are better, some are worse, which is as it should be.

And best of all, you don't need sophisticated software. Just a pencil, paper, and a little math.
And you should ask yourself why your only winning 63% of the time with AA. I know the reason why I'm not winning but do you? (to the OP)

Last edited by Ovalman; Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: added "to the OP"

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
(#10)
*********** # 3 **************
PokerStars Hand #87420237044: Tournament #651010962, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2012/10/10 0:33:29 UTC [2012/10/09 20:33:29 ET]
Table '651010962 28' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: LagraBer (3000 in chips)
Seat 2: evlogi69 (2980 in chips)
Seat 3: AA_RUSS (2990 in chips)
Seat 4: indian erk (2970 in chips)
Seat 5: kittPROpoker (3140 in chips)
Seat 6: pashtarice45 (5140 in chips)
Seat 7: DoyleFish81 (2980 in chips)
Seat 8: holdemace486 (3000 in chips)
Seat 9: siberox (3000 in chips)
kittPROpoker: posts small blind 10
pashtarice45: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to holdemace486 [Ad Ac]
DoyleFish81: folds
holdemace486: raises 40 to 60
siberox: folds
LagraBer: calls 60
evlogi69: raises 2920 to 2980 and is all-in
AA_RUSS: folds
indian erk: calls 2970 and is all-in
kittPROpoker: folds
pashtarice45: folds
holdemace486: calls 2920
LagraBer: folds
*** FLOP *** [9s Th 3d]
*** TURN *** [9s Th 3d] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [9s Th 3d Qc] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
holdemace486: shows [Ad Ac] (a pair of Aces)
evlogi69: shows [Td Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)
evlogi69 collected 20 from side pot
indian erk: shows [As Qd] (a pair of Queens)
evlogi69 collected 9000 from main pot
indian erk finished the tournament in 1134th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9020 Main pot 9000. Side pot 20. | Rake 0
Board [9s Th 3d Qc 5s]
Seat 1: LagraBer folded before Flop
Seat 2: evlogi69 showed [Td Ts] and won (9020) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 3: AA_RUSS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: indian erk (button) showed [As Qd] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 5: kittPROpoker (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: pashtarice45 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: DoyleFish81 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: holdemace486 showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: siberox folded before Flop (didn't bet)

This hand was my first tourney back, practically first hand, and then a reacurance or similar to this hapened for my entire BR yet again.
So let me see, what you are saying to me is I play my hands wrong.
HMMMM....im suppose to fold when im ahead , i get it now, because yes it does not favour the winnning hand for sure, but only the fish.
And you wonder why i fold the flopped nuts.....

No,no,no, I cannot beleive in something that just does not fall in accordance to your maths, not my maths, the maths that pokerschool says we should beleive in.

The hecklers can heckle as much as they want, I do not care....

Strange how when i was on a winning streak i sore quads about 20 times in a week, and then since no quads..hmmmmm

The chasers hit there chasing, but i always miss,
hmmm....

Maybe yes my BR management is not great, but from one tourney to the next i would expect my luck to alter, but no if im on a loosing day, it stays a loosing day....and vice versa.

And this is by no means down to my play...how can it be when im ahead more often than not.

And as to pokertracker 4, i have seen it in action, it tells you to cbet etc and the opp is more than likely to fold etc,

YOu can pay for complete hand tracking of all players, this is no difference than the banned poker edge software...

This is poker for idol players with very little skills,

ITs cheating all said and done and should be banned along with all the other software, you cannot use software on a live game of poker, so how can you even say that internet poker is even poker, you need call the game something else.

Why not call it for those who can afford it, we will allow you semi auto bot poker, because thats what it as become.

CAll it fake poker, thats what it is, housewifes, etc etc, using trackers and thinking they got skills, lmao Ive watched most play and know how bad they are compared to real players,
who pay attention and watch what is happening.

I give up honestly, I had just adjusted my game to tracker 3 users, and now looking for an impossible reajust to tracker 4 users,which is i quote , human controlled bots,

I have no objection to odds calculaters etc, as they do not have any influence on the game, where as trackers are influence, hence an advantage, and a advantage is not playing on a even field, therefore tracker users are nothing but cheats.

Even the great Negranu could not win untill he started to use trackers.

SO strange imagine that.....

I rest my case, its not poker anymore,its something of a bot like nature that a seven year old could sit there and use.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 04:24 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2012
What is a 'loosing' day? Does it bear any resemblance to a 'losing' day?

And I feel it is worth pointing out that AA is favourite pre-flop. Once the T hits you are well behind in the hand.

You're not supposed to fold it but you have to (Even though you won't) respect the variance that occurs when you are all-in pre-flop. You got the chips in when you were ahead. Last Sunday I got the chips in ahead three tournaments in a row with the best hand and lost every time.

I understand you have mental health problems but it surely doesn't help coming on here and continuously displaying this intense paranoia?

Your rant turns from the hand to HEM/PT4 etc. half way through. You think it is cheating. No-one else does. Pokerstars don't and wont.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:27 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Like Moxie would do, let me answer your tirade, line by line.

First off, the hand:
You played it properly, getting everything in pre flop when you had the advantage. You were crushing the Ace-Queen, though his hand reduced your viable outs to one. You also had the pocket tens beat by a 60-40 spread. Please note that he does have that 40 percent chance of improving. He also has twice the outs you do. And for your edification, pocket tens are a group two hand and the recommendation is to play from any position and raise. So you both played it right.

Once the flop hit, your hand lost. It happens. But if I'm to believe your comment, you have never won with pocket aces. Either you have not played many hands or you forgot the ones you won.

Heck, my last loss I hit the ace set. Then my opponent hit a runner-runner for the quads. Why he challenged my all-in with pocket threes defies common sense. Its one loss out of twenty-three times. It hurts, but if you make the right play, realize you can, and will, sometimes lose.

I'm not heckling, but I do tell you that based on my limited sample of some 40K hands, aces do indeed win. Not every time, or in every situation, but it is a good hand worthy of playing aggressively.

Again, I'm calling you out. Do a review over the same number of hands, I'll bet you'll be surprised at the results. I was. Just to remind you, I originally believed the same as you. What convinced me is the evidence.

PT4 will not TELL you, but it will recommend. Big difference. You, as the player still has the option. What it does is teach you when it is best to C-bet or reraise. I know I need to learn those things. One day I will.

If you have seen it in action, do you mean you used it? If so, why are you complaining? You now are playing with the same information and extra edge. If you saw somebody else use it, what was his/her opinion of the software?

Personally, I'm surprised you haven't purchased such software. If it is the "magic bullet" you think it is, you would be a fool for not having it. Consider it a reasonable investment towards a winning record. Though a player will not become a superstar on the merits of a software program.

As I understand it, all these tracking programs will keep records of your opponents, the ones you played. It is all historical information from the games you play, which is allowed. If you kept "proper" notes, you would have such information available. The difference is the program does it automatically.

You are right, there is no companion software or aids available in live games. However, I'll tell you my live play has improved tremendously thanks to the lessons here. I have a better understanding of what hands are better than others. Does it make me invulnerable against the crazy that likes even numbers over odd numbers? Heck, I drown on the river in live games too. Even worse, sometimes I'm the one who shuffled the cards in that losing hand.

News bulletine buckoo!

I don't use any software aids. Reason, I cannot play for cash and it seems silly to me to pay several hundred dollars for chip action. So I do lessons and try applying them to my play. Guess what? The old hedgehog has amassed more than a million via the SNG route using the information here.

Am I always a winner? Check out my latest report, I'm suffering from varience too.

And I'm going to resist the low-blow come-back I had for that last line. And believe me, it took a lot of effort too.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#13)
"Without reading the above replies yes YOU made a massive mistake in that AA hand. I won't tell you what it is but it's your leak." I read the wrong persons hand. *EDIT* I made a mistake but read the following statement:

Poker is a short term game of luck and a long term game of skill. If you keep making mistakes like you made in the AA hand then YOU are the problem.

Don't blame the software.

Last edited by Ovalman; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: I added 2 quotes and added that I made a mistake.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 09:09 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
"Without reading the above replies yes YOU made a massive mistake in that AA hand. I won't tell you what it is but it's your leak." I read the wrong persons hand. *EDIT* I made a mistake but read the following statement:

Poker is a short term game of luck and a long term game of skill. If you keep making mistakes like you made in the AA hand then YOU are the problem.

Don't blame the software.

I'm curious what mistake he made. According to the odds calculator I found online, pocket aces with two opponents, has a 73.19 percent probability of winning. This is pre flop and assumes one doesn't know what the opponents are holding. If you knew opponent one had ace-queen and opponent two had pocket tens, the odds increase to 74 percent pre flop. That's almost three of every four times coming out the winner.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#15)
I think ovalman cops to he messed up and says that holdem DIDN'T make a mistake Cairn. Read his edit reason.

As for holdem's scree your suggestion that he put his hand results (win % for AA,KK,QQ...all the way down to 22 and all non-paired hands---AKs to 32o---) that's never going to happen.

If it did he would have to face up to the actual realities of HIS shortcomings and why do that when you can just blame it on the software and on outside software that the site has approved for usage?

Mods,you crack the whip on us all the time when you perceive that we have insulted a member and yet you have continued to allow this individual to insult your site,to indeed cast aspersions as to it's integrity,for over a year now. And to call players using approved software cheats. All while insulting members en masse when they shoot down his BS. And I'm sorry but there is no other description for it anymore BUT calling it what it is...BS.

Pure,unadulterated BS.

As to your reservation of dog piling on his last line Cairn...lol,you must have been thinking the same thing I was...

...does that mean holdem is saying that a 7 year old could whoop his azz in poker?

I dunno,but I'm 100% certain that 90% of 7 year olds would behave like less of a brat.

I just regret that holdem and Seagull weren't "contributors" here at the same time,if only for the endless entertainment value.

He'll probably be along to tell us how he's leveling us all again any minute now.

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 12:56 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
As for holdem's scree your suggestion that he put his hand results (win % for AA,KK,QQ...all the way down to 22 and all non-paired hands---AKs to 32o---) that's never going to happen.

If it did he would have to face up to the actual realities of HIS shortcomings and why do that when you can just blame it on the software and on outside software that the site has approved for usage?

(edited out)

I just regret that holdem and Seagull weren't "contributors" here at the same time,if only for the endless entertainment value.

He'll probably be along to tell us how he's leveling us all again any minute now.

You should know the old hedgehog a lot better, Moxie. I would only ask him to keep track of the top ten hands. I'm talking the group one and group two hands. Now if I had the software program ....

As to admitting his problem, I'm not surprised, but am saddened, that he never accepts the help offerred. His tilt must be in full swing, which he hasn't corrected. Members have given viable suggestions, he ignores. If I may make an analogy -- Like an addict, until you admit you have the problem, there can be no cure.

I'm still curious to know if this guy is related to AceKingPro. Have those two on the same topic would make the forum a livelier place.

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 01:13 AM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
You should know the old hedgehog a lot better, Moxie. I would only ask him to keep track of the top ten hands. I'm talking the group one and group two hands. Now if I had the software program ....

As to admitting his problem, I'm not surprised, but am saddened, that he never accepts the help offerred. His tilt must be in full swing, which he hasn't corrected. Members have given viable suggestions, he ignores. If I may make an analogy -- Like an addict, until you admit you have the problem, there can be no cure.

I'm still curious to know if this guy is related to AceKingPro. Have those two on the same topic would make the forum a livelier place.

Well Cairn I only suggested all hands because it wasn't too long back that our subject was advocating playing a hand like 83o OOP into a multi-way pot so I just thought we should study hands that would be pertinent to him.

Basically ATC's up to and possibly including the rules card.

You know---that's the "deep concept,out of the box" way to play that we're just too dense to understand.

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 06:40 AM
(#18)
I did mess up my reply, I was looking at his opponents hand. Rather than delete what I wrote I felt it better to leave my message up as was and add that I made a mistake. That way things would have been clearer.

To the OP, it's vital to keep records. You can't just blame the software each time without records to back up your claims. If your losing more than the statistical norm then you have to ask yourself why your losing more than you should. Only by doing that can you correct any mistakes your making.

I'm not talking 100 hands as a statistical sample but 100,000 or 1 million.

One thing I've never done has been blaming the software on any site.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com