Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

heads-up 50 nl against tag opponent

Old
heads-up 50 nl against tag opponent - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 01:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
this hand really baffled me. my opponent rarely went past the flop in every hand i played him. we've only been to one showdown and that was the first hand, when my A5 chopped with his A2. i have a 35.80 stack and my opponent has a 110.71 stack. i am on the bb with 54. villian raises 1.50 and i call. any hand he decides to play he raises this way. he plays about 70% of his hands on the button.

flop comes T32 with two spades. i check and villain bets $2. i raise to $6 b/c this is a standard cbet for him, which he makes about 90% of the hands he raises. turn comes another 3. i bet 9.50 and again he calls. now im starting to think he has a pocket pair. river comes another 2. i go all in for 18.80. he calls and turns over A5. im totally stunned. this bluff should have worked. how can he call with just an ace here? is he really thinking that my preflop call meant that much that i can't have any bit of this board?

this was actually only the 15th hand i had played with this villian, but my reads seemed pretty strong. i guess my percentages are what i would consider this villian to do in the long term.

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 03:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
WhiteStar
i am not rly a cashgame player, but still

i dont really like the call preflop, either raise or fold is my line there

on the flop its kind of easy, with ur raise, you dont really represent too much there, draws mostly, maybe a jack to protect

now you continue with ur aggression eventhough the board comes down i a way, which doesn't help you at all, all the draws miss and he can even exclude a jack from ur range, since u probably won't bet the jack on the river again, cause it makes no sense, so it's kind of easy to put you on a missed draw i think and thats the reason he is calling

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com