Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Am0rphic's Bankroll Builder

Old
Am0rphic's Bankroll Builder - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Hello , I just read about this promotion and thought I'd give it a try .Could you tell me if I am eligible for the buy-in ?(I haven't deposited so far)
Thanks in advance.

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am0rphic View Post
Hello , I just read about this promotion and thought I'd give it a try .Could you tell me if I am eligible for the buy-in ?(I haven't deposited so far)
Thanks in advance.
Hi Am0rphic,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your interest in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

We'll be able to advise on eligibility within 24 hours.

For now have a look around the site, here's a LINK that you may find useful.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Hi Am0rphic,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practising on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:59 PM
(#4)
Hi Raiser, I just finished the Getting Started With Pokerstars course , what should I do next ?
Edit: I also played some NLHE playmoney games to ask about my playstyle and got lucky to have the right situation to ask about

my main question is , was my check-raise after the flop too risky a bluff , and did i calculate my pot odds well to call at the turn? And mostly am I being too aggressive , since this is my usual playstyle , maybe abit tighter ?
Thanks , Am0rphic.

Last edited by Am0rphic; Fri Oct 12, 2012 at 08:24 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Hey Am0rphic,

Thanks for posting.

I will ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at this hand for you. Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi Amorphic

I think the best thing to take away from this hand would be to fold before the flop.

Our hand isn't going to flop strong enough often enough for us to make this call profitably in the small blind. In the small blind we should be willing to toss our weaker hands and this is definitely one of them.

On the flop when we see a minimum bet from the in position player I would definitely think the flop raise is in order. I would raise a bit larger, perhaps to 20 or so. The main thing we want to accomplish is to get the people who checked out of the pot. When we make it 8 they can stick around, as they did!

The turn we definitely are getting the right odds to call a bet given that we a) have a flush draw that is likely to be the best draw in the field b) have a pair, which means that if we river two pair or trips we could make the best hand.

So the main thing is that we can't fold the turn because our hand is too strong and to check-raise the flop a bit larger. On the flop we just have lowly third pair so we would be content to see everyone fold. Also, I would press the fold button before the flop

Lots to remember

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 05:14 PM
(#7)
Thanks , that cleared up alot of things

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 08:58 AM
(#8)
Do I need to play more hands and post them here in order to get the bonus buy-in ?

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Do I need to play more hands and post them here in order to get the bonus buy-in ?
Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 01:04 PM
(#10)
Hi, I just passed the Basic Assessment course, all I have to do now is wait and go play 1/2c cash tables, right ?

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 06:24 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, I just passed the Basic Assessment course, all I have to do now is wait and go play 1/2c cash tables, right ?
Yes that's right.

Wait til' you get your first buy-in and then use it to only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars.

Post back here any hands that left you making tough decisions or cost you money and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com