Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My bankroll builder

Old
My bankroll builder - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi there,

I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?

Can anyone help?

Alex

Last edited by trippywoods; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: ps. no deposit made yet

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippywoods View Post
Hi there,
I've just signed up to PokerSchoolOnline and I want to know if I qualify for this promotion?
Can anyone help?
Alex
Hi Alex,

Nice to meet you and thanks for your interest in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

We'll be able to advise on eligibility within 24 hours.

For now have a look around the site, here's a LINK that you may find useful.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Alex,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
(#4)

i don't know why but when i preview the message the hand appears as code so i also added a link
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=0FEBAB086E

i doubt that i will have any question regarding *play money tables, they all push and call with all kinds of hands

Last edited by trippywoods; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 02:16 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Alex!

With 22 on the button, I can do either of two things here. I can limp behind and try to setmine or I can make a std raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper (raise to 10 here). If I raise, I don't want to raise a smaller amount, as I do not want to give the opps a +EV draw to beat me.

The board gives me a set. The first opp leads out for 14 and after a fold, the next opp min raises and is called by the CO. With a set here, I want to raise and I will once again make a std raise (which for me in this type of situaiton is to between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise). This is to between 84 and 138, so I will raise to 110. I don't want to raise less than this, as I don't want an opp with a straight draw to have the correct odds to draw.
The next opp that led out, min raises and is min raised again by the next opp and called by the CO. With a set here, I'm going to shove here. I most likely have the best hand and I want to do whatever possible to give the opps the wrong price to draw to beat me.

There is a lot that one can learn from playing the play money tables. Making the correct bet sizes is something that a player can easily work on at them.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
(#6)
Ty John

It helps. I still have some bet sizing problems in cash games. (I mostly play SNG and tournaments)
Preflop i decided not to bet more (villains call 10 as they call 8) and with ducks i didn't want to make a big pot preflop.

I totally agree with you on the flop raise. (the whole flop action was poor ... more like FL ).
Not shoving because i considered villain 5 pot committed so i decided to see another card (if the board paired consider folding)

Alex

Last edited by trippywoods; Thu Oct 11, 2012 at 05:29 PM..

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi trippywoods!

Now it's time to study the Poker Basics course and after you've studied it, try to pass the quiz.

Once you've passed it we'll award you your first buy-in and continue on from there.

Please let me know when you do this.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 03:34 PM
(#8)
Hi there,

I passed the poker basics (now i'm studying for the cash game).

By buy-in you refer to cash to play in 0.01 cash tables? (upee!)

and as a ps. If i win in any freeroll can i receive the buy-in.

Ty

Alex

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi trippywoods!

Did you attend the two live training sessions from post 3?

Please let me know when you do, as these are required to get the first buy-in.

Playing freerolls will not disqualify you from this promotion, however, playing cash tournaments or other style cash games other than 1/2 cent full ring NLHE cash tables WILL disqualify a member from further buy-ins.

Thanks,

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: add in freeroll info

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 04:49 PM
(#10)
No i didn't attend any of them.

In the(/live-training) /UPCOMING EVENTS/ i don't see any of the ones you mentioned.

I also (by mistake) completed the STT quiz

Sit & Go Quiz Promotion
*** First-time deposits must be made within 18 days of completing the quiz in order to receive the prize.(3x1.5$) so i now have only 17 days to get the buy-in and put it to good use

Last edited by trippywoods; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 05:04 PM..

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 04:55 PM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
They will be listed and run every day (ones for today were earlier). The list is probably updating. Give it some time and they will show up.

There are 3 of them. Getting Started with Pokerstars and Bet Sizing are required now. Entering a Cash Game Pot will be with the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#12)
Hi John

If I attend all at once (1 after the other Getting Started with Pokerstars, Bet Sizing, Entering a Cash Game Pot) will I receive 4$? That would take some pressure off (could reload if stack drops under 100 BB)

ps. I also passed all the quizzes (basic, cash game, stt and mtt)

Ty
Alex

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Alex!

With this promotion, it's one buy-in at a time.... although, if you attend all three, it will be one less thing that you will need to do later, which would be fine.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
(#14)
Hey there

Getting Started with Pokerstars - done
Bet Sizing - done
Entering a Cash Game Pot - done

What is the next step?

Alex

Last edited by trippywoods; Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: 1 more

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 04:26 PM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi trippywoods!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
(#16)
Got it, lost it :|
back to school

what should i do to get the next buy-in?

Last edited by trippywoods; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 07:47 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
(#17)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi trippywoods

Tough hand .

I like leading the turn here. Our opponent has checked back on an ace high flop which means he often will have a medium strength hand he is seeking to get to showdown. In other words, we have no guarantee that he is going to bet.

Usually at these stakes when you have a value hand you should be betting yourself, not relying on your opponent to bet for you.

On the turn we check-raise. I think if we check the turn that is fine, like I said we want to get money in, but I think we should do that ourselves by betting.

Then on the river our flush gets counterfeighted. Our hand is very marginal now. Because of the paired board any full house beats us, but so does any 1 card hand with the Jc, Qc, or Kc. I think betting the river to a small size is ok. We could still get called by worse sometimes. But when our opponent raises we only beat a bluff.

But remember what I said about the flop... he checked behind? If he had a bluff he could have bet the flop on an ace high board and tried to take it down. I don't think with a hand that needs to bluff he would wait until the river to make a big move. Therefore I think he has a stronger hand than our ten high, one-card flush almost all the time when he raises the river. A good spot to fold.

Complicated hand! Hopefully this all makes some sense

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi trippywoods!

Congrats on passing the cash game course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
(#19)
H1

(a re-raise on the flop is what i should have done
in this situation... fold after flop)

H2

H3

these are the 'big' losses

Last edited by trippywoods; Fri Oct 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
(#20)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi trippywoods

I think H1 and H2 are played pretty well. I think H3 has a lot of room for improvement. Let's talk about H3 first.

We have AK in the small blind, out of position. I think calling is certainly an option and probably a slightly profitable one. I would much prefer to three-bet for value. We can get plenty of folds if we three-bet and pick up the pot, we can also continuation bet if we get called and win the pot that way. If our opponent four-bets then we can make a tough decision to move all-in or fold.

If we are going to call before the flop then we are looking for good flops on which to continue. Basically we are looking for flops with our suit or cards in the T-A neck of the woods.

This flop has neither, in fact it is probably the worst possible flop for our hand. The board is connected and draw heavy, so even if we have the best hand, our opponent has position and probably a great draw. That's if he doesn't already have the best hand. And what are we going to do if we check and call the flop when the turn comes? Simply hoping that an A or a K comes on the turn isn't going to be a great plan.

The best course of the action on this flop is definitely to check and fold.

H1 I think we were pretty much correct to play every street as we did. We recognized the marginal nature of our hand and the board ran out in a way that I don't think we can get away from. If we had to ask for a runout after seeing the flop, that didn't include a queen, we would ask for the flush to not come in, and for the top card to pair, making it less likely for a king to be in our opponent's hand. We can also imagine our opponent bluffing with certain hands, like a missed flush draw, or betting worse hands than ours in the pair category. I think the best play is to not raise at any point. Betting the flop might be better than checking, that would be the only point to change. We can get worse hands to call a fair amount and also protect our equity in the pot. We can use uor position to narrow the field moving forward and value bet a lot of hands like the bare ace of diamonds but also lower pocket pairs.

H2

I like your play here. Isolating the limper when we are on the button is definitely our best option and value betting the flop and the turn is the best play. On the river when any ten beats us and hands like KQ complete their draw I don't see as much value in betting, I like the check back. Just got unlucky there

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com