Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll

Old
My Bankroll - Thu Oct 11, 2012, 06:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello, I am new in poker school, how can I start the bankroll pomotion?

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 07:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609!

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
(#4)
Hi John,

This is a hand that I found interesting. I decided slow play because the player who raised was being very aggressive. What do you thing about that?

Thanks,

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
(#5)

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:06 PM
(#6)
I also attended the two live training sessions 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' and passed the first Quiz, what is the next step?

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609!

I get 78o in the big blind and get four limpers before me. I'm going to fold this preflop. This is a marginal-at-best hand and I have to play the rest of the hand out of position with an aggressive opp that acted out of character and was passive preflop.

If I was in the hand, I would flop the current nuts.... but there are many draws out there that can beat my hand. Due to this, I need to lead out and bet this flop and will do so with a pot-sized bet and be ready to shove any raise. I do not want to take a chance at someone drawing to clubs, QJ or worst case... QJ of clubs. If I don't make the correct flop bet, the opps that are drawing to beat me can get the correct odds to draw at me... which is something that I do not want to do.
I only want to slowplay when there is not a single card that could beat me, and here there are a number of cards that could beat me.

Playing too many hands, especially from the small blind, is one of the largest chip leaks that many players have. Since I'm out of position for the entire hand, I want to be very selective in what hands I do decide to play from the small blind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
(#8)
I also attended the two live training sessions 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' and passed the first Quiz, what is the next step?

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 11, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of four buy-ins with this promotion.

Use this to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other type of game will disqualify you from being able to earn further buy-ins.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing.

Also, please attend one of the 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training sessions and post back here when you do so.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 08:15 AM
(#10)
Thank you John for the instructions.

This is another hand I found difficult, When pay a flush draw in the flop?

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 08:21 AM
(#11)

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 02:02 PM
(#12)
Can someone take a look on this hand please?

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 03:55 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormpok7609 View Post
Can someone take a look on this hand please?
Hi Stormpok7609,

I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to look at this hand for you.

Once he has done this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 05:07 PM
(#14)
Since: Nov 2011
I think this is a very well played hand. Certainly we could raise the flop, or the turn. But I actually agree with calling the turn, I think the hands that we can get to fold with a turn raise we can fold with a river bet just as well. We also get to realize our equity versus those hands that would not have folded to a turn raise. On the river I think a half pot value bet is in order, it just so happens that this player did not have enough of a hand to call this time.

You should be very skeptical of a limp-call before the flop that leads on a paired board. Most of the time players have nothing when they do this. But that doesn't mean we want to raise just any hand. Some hands will play better with the advantages of position and good equity. We have both here and we can get another bluff out of him on the river. I would expect him to give up on a lot of rivers should we miss our draw so we should have a profitable river bluff a decent amount of the time.

Preflop is of course fine. All in all a well played hand

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 07:01 AM
(#15)
Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your analysis, I also fished the second Quiz and attended to the Entering a Cash Game Pot live training, how can I get the second bonus? thanks

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 09:52 AM
(#16)
Hi,

I fished the second Quiz and attended to the Entering a Cash Game Pot live training, how can I get the second bonus? thanks

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring tables.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 11:16 AM
(#18)
Thank you John, I have reached 16 FPP too. When the last buy in will be credited?

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 02:56 PM
(#19)
I have 20 FPP and the last buy in still is not credited, can someone help me please?

Old
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Stormpok7609!

This can take 48 hours to show up in the system. We will advise on it as soon as we are able to.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com