Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

did i miss a trick on the turn

Old
did i miss a trick on the turn - Fri Oct 12, 2012, 04:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
ok... think i made a straight draw or oesd cant remember flop plays seems ok but i think i played the turn poorly

Old
Fri Oct 12, 2012, 11:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Fold pre and save chips. JTo in EP versus a raise is a loser.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 05:56 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi danan758,

I would agree with Trumpin Joe.

This is a fold preflop for me. The raise is early position and also a big raise. A normal size raise here would be 125-150 chips so 200 chips looks like a pretty strong hand, the SB calling gives us good immediate odds in the hand but we're very unlikely to flop a hand here that we want to put much more in.

As played we hit the open ended draw on the flop which is the best we can ask for really. The donk bet from the SB is very small here signals a weak hand but we still have the preflop raiser left to act. I don't mind calling here since it's cheap. We don't want to raise here and be faced with a reraise from the preflop raiser.

The raise on the turn again is a small raise but we still have the preflop raiser behind us. We pickup a flush draw but only J high, there are possible other better flush draws and the SB may have made a flush already since he's betting twice into two people. I think I would fold at this point.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com