Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

new member

Old
Angry
new member - Sat Oct 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
(#1)
jperrie-uk's Avatar
Since: Aug 2012
Posts: 20
BronzeStar
IM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*********** # 5 **************
PokerStars Hand #87621141766: Tournament #620829182, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level I (20/40) - 2012/10/14 2:02:30 WET [2012/10/13 21:02:30 ET]
Table '620829182 823' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Lajcis (1550 in chips)
Seat 2: Herr Gimbl (1480 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: dejavue84 (1440 in chips)
Seat 4: Huck26111985 (4480 in chips)
Seat 5: toze1977 (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: MulleRice007 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: taffy6969 (3020 in chips)
Seat 8: IRONSTAND (1500 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: jperrie-uk (1550 in chips)
Huck26111985: posts small blind 20
toze1977: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jperrie-uk [Qh Qc]
MulleRice007: folds
taffy6969: folds
IRONSTAND: folds
jperrie-uk: raises 1510 to 1550 and is all-in
Lajcis: folds
Herr Gimbl: folds
dejavue84: folds
Huck26111985: calls 1530
toze1977: calls 1460 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [6d 8s Qd]
*** TURN *** [6d 8s Qd] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [6d 8s Qd 7s] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Huck26111985: shows [Ad Jc] (high card Ace)
jperrie-uk: shows [Qh Qc] (three of a kind, Queens)
jperrie-uk collected 100 from side pot
toze1977: shows [7h 9c] (a straight, Six to Ten)
toze1977 collected 4500 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4600 Main pot 4500. Side pot 100. | Rake 0
Board [6d 8s Qd 7s Tc]
Seat 1: Lajcis folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Herr Gimbl folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: dejavue84 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Huck26111985 (small blind) showed [Ad Jc] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 5: toze1977 (big blind) showed [7h 9c] and won (4500) with a straight, Six to Ten
Seat 6: MulleRice007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: taffy6969 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: IRONSTAND folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: jperrie-uk showed [Qh Qc] and won (100) with three of a kind, Queens

now tell me thats right??? who calls all in pre flop with 7 9 off suit against pocket QQ, then flops the set, and then wins with a gut shot straight?? is there something going on??

Last edited by jperrie-uk; Sat Oct 13, 2012 at 09:24 PM..
 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 09:37 PM
(#2)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,802
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum JWK24**


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sat Oct 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
(#3)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,802
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
QQ in this situation only wins 58% of the time.
The key in this hand is to make a standard raise preflop, not to instantly shove 38+BB.

John (JWK24)


Super-Moderator



6 Time Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 AM
(#4)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrie-uk View Post
IM NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*********** # 5 **************
PokerStars Hand #87621141766: Tournament #620829182, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level I (20/40) - 2012/10/14 2:02:30 WET [2012/10/13 21:02:30 ET]
Table '620829182 823' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Lajcis (1550 in chips)
Seat 2: Herr Gimbl (1480 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 3: dejavue84 (1440 in chips)
Seat 4: Huck26111985 (4480 in chips)
Seat 5: toze1977 (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: MulleRice007 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: taffy6969 (3020 in chips)
Seat 8: IRONSTAND (1500 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: jperrie-uk (1550 in chips)
Huck26111985: posts small blind 20
toze1977: posts big blind 40
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jperrie-uk [Qh Qc]
MulleRice007: folds
taffy6969: folds
IRONSTAND: folds
jperrie-uk: raises 1510 to 1550 and is all-in
Lajcis: folds
Herr Gimbl: folds
dejavue84: folds
Huck26111985: calls 1530
toze1977: calls 1460 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [6d 8s Qd]
*** TURN *** [6d 8s Qd] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [6d 8s Qd 7s] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Huck26111985: shows [Ad Jc] (high card Ace)
jperrie-uk: shows [Qh Qc] (three of a kind, Queens)
jperrie-uk collected 100 from side pot
toze1977: shows [7h 9c] (a straight, Six to Ten)
toze1977 collected 4500 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4600 Main pot 4500. Side pot 100. | Rake 0
Board [6d 8s Qd 7s Tc]
Seat 1: Lajcis folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Herr Gimbl folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: dejavue84 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Huck26111985 (small blind) showed [Ad Jc] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 5: toze1977 (big blind) showed [7h 9c] and won (4500) with a straight, Six to Ten
Seat 6: MulleRice007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: taffy6969 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: IRONSTAND folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: jperrie-uk showed [Qh Qc] and won (100) with three of a kind, Queens

now tell me thats right??? who calls all in pre flop with 7 9 off suit against pocket QQ, then flops the set, and then wins with a gut shot straight?? is there something going on??

1. He TURNED his set,not flopped.

2. It's an open-ended straight draw after the 6 and 8 flop. 6,7,8,9...villain would have also won if a 5 had hit the board.

3. Q: Who open shoves 38+BB's?

A: Someone who gets EXACTLY what they're looking for with such a brain dead play. It's a FREEROLL,you KNOW people are going to look you up with ATC's. If you are going to invite that then learn to live with the times that it's not going to go your way.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:31 AM
(#5)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
It's already been said but it is worth saying it again.

It was a freeroll, people will call and shove with anything in that, and typically people will hit their flushes and straights with random suited and/or connected hands.

Open shoving QQ is horrible in the context you did it though isn't the optimal play to say the least.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:35 AM
(#6)
stedy_eddie's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 326
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
1. He TURNED his set,not flopped.

2. It's an open-ended straight draw after the 6 and 8 flop. 6,7,8,9...villain would have also won if a 5 had hit the board.

3. Q: Who open shoves 38+BB's?

A: Someone who gets EXACTLY what they're looking for with such a brain dead play. It's a FREEROLL,you KNOW people are going to look you up with ATC's. If you are going to invite that then learn to live with the times that it's not going to go your way.

Perhaps you should tone down the attitude there Moxie! Especially when you get your FACTS wrong!!! Look at the flop again and i think you'll find a Queen there.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 03:01 AM
(#7)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
I think Moxie meant that the villain turned his straight rather than the 'Hero' flopping the set.

Maybe I have also misunderstood though.
 
Old
Default
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 10:39 PM
(#8)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedy_eddie View Post
Perhaps you should tone down the attitude there Moxie! Especially when you get your FACTS wrong!!! Look at the flop again and i think you'll find a Queen there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I think Moxie meant that the villain turned his straight rather than the 'Hero' flopping the set.

Maybe I have also misunderstood though.

Nope I flubbed it,misread the hand as to the flop. Not used to looking at HH's anymore I guess,lol.

Still though that does not change the crux of the matter one whit. Open shoving 38BB is just terrible.

What does this accomplish?

Chase everyone off and just scoop the blinds with a premium hand? If that's all you're trying to do with premium hands then you're going nowhere fast in this game.

Or was the intent to try and hope that players would come along as this is a freeroll (mini-micro stakes you'll get more than your fair share of action when you do this as well...)?

If that's the OP'ers intent then fine,that does have a little validity at least. BUT understand that you can never be 100% pre-flop and when you shove then you have killed then hand. Fold or call after you you're finished playing and can only sit back and watch.

IF you truly feel you do have a skill edge over your opponents here jperrie then that is NOT a spot you need,nor want, to be putting yourself very often,if at all.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com