Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Deep in Freeroll - Limp Pot in BB

Old
Deep in Freeroll - Limp Pot in BB - Sun Oct 14, 2012, 11:59 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm deep in yet another freeroll satellite. Top 9 players get a seat to the target and there are around 50/1215 left.

I'm in the BB with a trash hand and about 22BB behind and action folds to me with 1 limper and I elect to see a flop. I don't have much history with the limper. I've been playing fairly snug. The flop is very good for me. Here is the hand:

Did I overplay this?

Last edited by Jcrondps; Sun Oct 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM..

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey Jcrondps

I like the way you played this hand, although I would prefer to check/shove the flop. I prefer this line to any other because when he bets the flop there is 8400 in the middle and he only has 24,000 chips behind which is only 3x the size of the pot, which is a about 25% of our chip stack. I don't like check/calling because although we have a very strong hand, there are turn cards that can scare us and even if we do hit a club on the turn it could potentially scare villain away from his hand.

Cheers, Chris.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
(#3)
Thanks for the analysis.

We got it in on the turn and the club hit the river. Villain had A,7 of clubs. He thought about folding turn. I'm pretty sure he would have called a flop shove.

Anyway, I got hung up on the results. Freeroll coolers have me second guessing myself.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 08:23 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hey Jcrondps!

I agree with Chris on this one. If it was me, I'm check/shoving the flop too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com