Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

stalk3rica s bankroll

Old
stalk3rica s bankroll - Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
hello
i signed pokerschool online a while ago and i want to know if i qualify for this promotion and what to do next to get the money
thx in advance

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

Welcome to the forum. We will advise within 24 hours as to whether you are eligible for this promotion or not.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
(#4)
been there done that.
what s next?

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hi stalk3rica,

What date did you attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#6)
on the 22 oct but i had some problems with net
so i guess i will attend in another day
thx for your quick replay

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalk3rica View Post
on the 22 oct but i had some problems with net
so i guess i will attend in another day
thx for your quick replay
Hi stalk3rica,

Yes, if you can please as the system is not showing you as having attended on this date.

Let me know once you've attended and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#8)
ok
i finaly managed to attend the live lessons
what do i do next?

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

Please play on the play money full ring tables and post a hand that you had problems playing, using the hand replayer. We will then have the hand evaluated by one of the hand analyzers, so that you will be able to learn from it. After those things happen, we will be able to move you to the next step in the process.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 03:51 AM
(#10)
http://

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 03:55 AM
(#11)
ok did that too.
here s the hand
i should n t shove with that hand?
thx in advance

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:59 AM
(#12)
ok
opinions?
i should n t shove with that hand and in that position?
sorry for double post

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 09:53 AM
(#13)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

We will reply to each post within 24 hours. We're spread out all over the world, so most likely are not going to be on the same time zone as you (the hand was actually posted at 3am my time).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

This hand is a good example of opps that don't have any idea how to bet a hand. On any table, the one thing that I want to do is to make standard raises. This will keep the opponents guessing as to the cards that I have. A standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Players that make very large or very small raises either do not know how to play or are turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent.

UTG makes a 50BB raise and is called by a player in mid position. I'm in the BB with a decent hand with potential (AJ) but it is not a made hand... as I only have ace high with a good, but not great kicker. This needs to be a muck, as a realistic opp in mid position that calls this should have at least a pocket pair or AK. Due to AJ being behind that entire range (either in a race or dominated), I need to muck AJ here.

Playing marginal hands, especially when out of position is an easy way to give chips away and due to that, is something that I do not want to do. I want to save my chips for either a better hand or when I'm in position and can use that to my advantage.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Here is a link to Dave's (TheLangolier) video on position. Watching this should help.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:10 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz and reply here, your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#16)
thanks for the advice
the thing is that i already passed the quiz from poker basic
so ....

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi stalk3rica!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please post when you have attended this training session and also any hands that you have problems playing or lost the buy-in at.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:36 PM
(#18)
thx i m on to that

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#19)
http://

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 04:45 PM
(#20)
oops
that was quick
and painfull
were did all gone bad
do you think i should had shove right after flop?
i managed to attend the betting size lesson too, so what next?

Last edited by stalk3rica; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 06:54 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com