Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

right or wrong

Old
right or wrong - Sun Oct 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
just want a second opinion on this hand i think i made the right and only play to this hand the guy has been whinging for the last 40 minutes saying you lucky donk shoving A3 and all this thinking hes the best poker player in the world its the pso skill league

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
Right shove and possibly right call (like to hear a hand analysers thoughts on this as I'm calling)

You cannot judge your play on one hand. My table image is key in these, I can shove 72o if my image is a rock and get a fold but if I'm a LAG I will shove with AA and be called by 72o every time.

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 08:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Stedds,

Yes, this is a standard shove. Any A in the SB is always going in with 6BBs. And I think you still have a pretty decent ammount of fold equity here.

Ovalman,

In a normal game calling with 44 is ok since he's getting a decent price. But in a league game I would've probably folded since preservation is far more important than accumulating chips for a win. (Unless you're inside the money and going for the final table points now)

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
thought so he was like you dont shove that blah blah blah calling the moderator and every thing haha spoon and yea if that was me id of folded 44s any over pair beats you any two hight cards suited connectors are going to be in good shape and so on but he wasnt having any of it haha

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com