Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder

Old
Bankroll builder - Mon Oct 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
How I can get the bonus?

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity7772 View Post
How I can get the bonus?
Hi Infinity7772,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 04:05 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
How I can get the bonus?
Hi Infinity7772,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

What you think abount this play money hand?

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:18 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I'm register for the GETTING STARTED WITH POKERSTARS tooday at 17.00 ET.

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hi Infinity7772,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Raiser
after this I can get the bonus?
and then when I start playing real money hands can post on the forums with hand replayer?
I'd like to get some advice.

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 03:41 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
after this I can get the bonus?
and then when I start playing real money hands can post on the forums with hand replayer?
I'd like to get some advice.
Hi Infinity7772,

In order to get your bonuses it's very important to follow each step carefully as directed.

The first two things you need to do are

1) Attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session. These are found daily in the Live Training section.

2) Play some full ring Play Money games only and post some hands that you found interesting here in the thread for review by one of the Hand Analysers.

Once you have done both of these steps we can move on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

It's right play?

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I finished the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.
What I must do now for the bankroll?

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 03:19 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I finished the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions.
What I must do now for the bankroll?
Hi there,

Thanks for attending the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' training session on the 16th of October with Chris 'ChewMe1'.

I will ask one of the Hand Analysers to have a look at the hand you posted and leave some feedback for you.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for attending the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' training session on the 16th of October with Chris 'ChewMe1'.

I will ask one of the Hand Analysers to have a look at the hand you posted and leave some feedback for you.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Ok ty but how much time I must attend?

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Infinity7772!

With AJ, I'm going to make my standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I'll raise to 8. I want to keep all of my raises and bets standard, so that there are no bet tells that my opponents can pick up on. I'll make the same bet with AA, 66, AK, AJ, J 10 suited, etc. That way, I can always keep the opps guessing as to what cards I have.

I now get min-raised and called by two opps. Much more often than not, an opp is probably going to have a larger ace than me here, so I'm mucking AJ here. I don't want to be up against AQ or AK when I'm out of position and see an ace on the flop..... because if it happens, I'm probably going broke. If I did raise, then I would need to size my raise to between 3X the opps bet (42) and a pot-sized raise (60) and with multiple opps in the pot, I'd raise to 60, to try and get one or two of them to drop as I do not want to play a large pot out of position against multiple opponents. Also, a raise smaller than this gives the opps that are in position the correct pot odds to draw to beat me.. which is another thing that I do not want to do.

The flop is a best-case scenario for me. Top pair, top kicker. When it's checked to me, I will make a standard value bet here, which is half the size of the pot (62). Once again, keeping the bet sizes standard helps to keep the opps guessing as to what cards I really have.

The turn pairs the board and the first opp checks to me. I'm going to make another value bet here and keep it at my standard bet-size (1/2 pot). If I get raised, then someone most likely has an 8 and I would fold. If someone calls, then I'll re-evaluate after seeing the river.

The river is an A, which gives me two pair. Here is where I have a decision to make and it will be based on my read of the opponent.
If I think the opp is passive (especially if they are a calling station that will call any bet), then I want to make another value bet (1/2 pot) but since I don't have that much, I'll bet what I do have.
If I think that the opp would fold to a shove, but may bluff at the pot if I check, then I'll check/call or check/raise, whichever gets all my chips into the pot.
Yes, sometimes an opp could have an 8 here (A8, 78, 89, 88), I'm ahead the majority of the time, so I want to get my chips in. This is a good example of why I want to size my raises and bets correctly and not to make them too small or too large, as the less opps that see the flop, the less of a chance someone has an 8 and can beat me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:12 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Infinity7772!

With AJ, I'm going to make my standard opening raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I'll raise to 8. I want to keep all of my raises and bets standard, so that there are no bet tells that my opponents can pick up on. I'll make the same bet with AA, 66, AK, AJ, J 10 suited, etc. That way, I can always keep the opps guessing as to what cards I have.

I now get min-raised and called by two opps. Much more often than not, an opp is probably going to have a larger ace than me here, so I'm mucking AJ here. I don't want to be up against AQ or AK when I'm out of position and see an ace on the flop..... because if it happens, I'm probably going broke. If I did raise, then I would need to size my raise to between 3X the opps bet (42) and a pot-sized raise (60) and with multiple opps in the pot, I'd raise to 60, to try and get one or two of them to drop as I do not want to play a large pot out of position against multiple opponents. Also, a raise smaller than this gives the opps that are in position the correct pot odds to draw to beat me.. which is another thing that I do not want to do.

The flop is a best-case scenario for me. Top pair, top kicker. When it's checked to me, I will make a standard value bet here, which is half the size of the pot (62). Once again, keeping the bet sizes standard helps to keep the opps guessing as to what cards I really have.

The turn pairs the board and the first opp checks to me. I'm going to make another value bet here and keep it at my standard bet-size (1/2 pot). If I get raised, then someone most likely has an 8 and I would fold. If someone calls, then I'll re-evaluate after seeing the river.

The river is an A, which gives me two pair. Here is where I have a decision to make and it will be based on my read of the opponent.
If I think the opp is passive (especially if they are a calling station that will call any bet), then I want to make another value bet (1/2 pot) but since I don't have that much, I'll bet what I do have.
If I think that the opp would fold to a shove, but may bluff at the pot if I check, then I'll check/call or check/raise, whichever gets all my chips into the pot.
Yes, sometimes an opp could have an 8 here (A8, 78, 89, 88), I'm ahead the majority of the time, so I want to get my chips in. This is a good example of why I want to size my raises and bets correctly and not to make them too small or too large, as the less opps that see the flop, the less of a chance someone has an 8 and can beat me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Ok, thanks for the advice

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
and now when I have my bankroll?

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 04:50 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
and now when I have my bankroll?
Hi Infinity7772

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 05:26 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hi, I alredy study and passed that quiz. What I must do now?

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 06:29 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi, I alredy study and passed that quiz. What I must do now?
Excellent!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Excellent!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Ok, ty I have the money. I can play also six handed 0.01/0.02$ tables or only full rings?

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:33 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Infinity7772!

This promotion is ONLY for full ring 1/2 cent NL games.

Playing any other format (including 6-max) will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 04:01 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Infinity7772!

This promotion is ONLY for full ring 1/2 cent NL games.

Playing any other format (including 6-max) will make you ineligible for any further buy-ins.

John (JWK24)
Ok, ty

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com