Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Access to 150+ VPP training

Old
Access to 150+ VPP training - Mon Oct 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm watching the training tonight but am unable to take part.

I was just wondering where the VPP totals come from because I have earned more than 150+ VPP's in my time on Pokerstars and I think the majority of that during my enrolment to the PSO.

When or how do I get access to the higher level training?

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi bhoy,

It's a monthly total, each month the count resets kind of like the leagues. Once you reach it you should be good for the rest of the current month (allow a day or two for all aspects of the system to get updated) and the following month.

Keep in mind for attending live training sessions, you can always get in and watch/listen either way, so everyone can benefit from the classes. The VPP restriction only impacts the ability to chat.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Dave,

I think you might be wrong on the last point since the new implementation.

I had less than 150VPP last month and was unable to attend any of the live trainings requiring 150VPP even as a viewer. I have over 150VPP this month so I cannot tell but maybe bhoylegend can tell us if he was able to register as a viewer.

Cheers,

TC

Edit:

In fact I explicitly remember getting an on screen message telling me I did not have enough VPPs to attend the session. I did think about posting a query about it but thought I was in enough trouble already without casting any further aspersions on the update

Thanks,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 04:42 PM..

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi TC,

I think there was a glitch in that regard during the transition to the new site, but that was identified and fixed right away. I checked Andre's session from today to verify and there were quite a few with less than 150 VPP's who attended in viewer mode, so it's definitely resolved.

Thanks,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 06:07 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
I was there as a viewer so it works for me as a viewer at least.

Just be nice to be able to attend as a participant but I suppose I only have myself to blame on that front. I guess I need to grind the tables a lot more, with some success, and make my points work for me.

Might only be a relatively small goal but I will use this as a challenge to tackle the tables a bit more frequently rather than being so shot shy a lot of the time.

Old
Mon Oct 15, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
I've collected 232 VPPs this month but am still at 20. Not that bothered but just stating that your total must come from your previous months play.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com