Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Preflop bet sizing w 3 callers

Old
Preflop bet sizing w 3 callers - Tue Oct 16, 2012, 01:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

was wondering if it was a little too big?
was happy to take it down pre but most welcome comments...

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 02:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Without spesific reads, I play it standard. 3x the original raise plus 1x for each caller making for a 75 cent reraise. Versus one or two players, I might make it a bit less like 70, but never against three. I would rather win the pot preflop than get into a 4 handed situation oop where I'm likely to get stacked.

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 08:18 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Yes similar thoughts,

3x (+2 for calls) (+1 being oop) = 6x 15c = 90c

There is an $8 stack to consider maybe less is more encouragement to invite a squeeze but happy to take it down pre.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: calls

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 04:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey wikked

These questions don't always have a clear answer, but I don't mind making it 15x or 0.75 here.

Whenever everyone folds to your squeeze you will always feel like you made it too big with AA. I think 0.75 is going to create a huge pot after the flop whether one or three opponents come along. We will be able to get all-in easily when it suits us.

I think the problem after 0.75 is that our opponents may not find it easy to call with anything and will often treat this decision as an all-in or fold one. I am not saying no one calls 1.05 sometimes -- they do.

It would be nice to have a formula that just spit out the right answer. But what I think we need to do here is make it big enough that no one can profitably call to set mine, but small enough that they aren't going to be hero folding strong hands like TT or AQ or better.

0.75 is one of those possibilities. I certainly wouldn't think about making it bigger. At some point a three-bet's relation to the effective stacks matters more than the amount of dead money already in the pot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com