Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 16, 2012, 05:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello!

I passed Poker Basic quiz! How can I get bonus?

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 05:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvorzakM View Post
Hello!
I passed Poker Basic quiz! How can I get bonus?
Hi DvorzakM,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi DvorzakM,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
(#4)
Hi!

First of all in the Live Training section I didn't see 'Getting Started at PokerStars' or 'Bet Sizing' events.
And the second I don't have money in my account to play in money games.
I expected to get 2$ and then play in money games.
What to do now?

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 11:33 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi DvorzakM!

The live training ones for today are already done. Tomorrow's will show then, as these run every day.

You can and will earn buy-ins throughout this promotion, but there are a number of steps that everyone has to go thru to be able to earn each one of them.

The first step in earning the first buy-in is to attend the two live trainings, play the play money tables and to post a hand that you had trouble playing using the hand replayer. One of the hand analyzers will then go thru the posted hand for you, to give you their ideas on how to play the hand better. When this is completed, then you will be moved to the next step of the process.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 01:46 PM
(#6)
I have I have answer from support@pokerschoolonline.com regarding Bankroll Builder promotion.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PokerSchoolOnline support and congratulations on passing the Basic Assessment Course (EvalQuiz).

As you are aware, PokerSchoolOnline is rewarding members with up to $8, to get their poker career started.

Please note that in accordance with the provisions of the Bankroll Builder promotion, players need to fulfill the following conditions in order to receive the first $2 of the bonus:

- make one post in the bankroll builder forum, a moderator has to approve it by the promotion rules.
- take the Basic Assessment Course (EvalQuiz) and pass the quiz at the end of it.

If you have not made any posts in the forum, you will not be able to receive the $2 credit.

The second $2 will be released to participants that post a hand they played in the bankroll builder forum, in order to receive the money the post needs to be approved by a moderator and participants need to pass the NL cashgame quiz.

The third $2 will be released when participants earn 10 VPP, a moderator will release the $2 after makes a post in the forum. If an user makes a first time deposit, the third and fourth $2 installment will be released automatically.

The fourth $2 will be released when participants earn another 10 VPP, a moderator will release the $2 after the user makes a post in the forum. Again, if an user makes a first time deposit, the third and fourth $2 installment will be released.

The link to the forum can be found here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...r-Introduction

To read more about this promotion, please visit:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...nkroll-builder

We hope this information will be helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Arina
PokerSchoolOnline Support Team

and I have read instruction:

HOW TO QUALIFY AND EARN YOUR BUY-INS:
1. Sign up to PokerSchoolOnline (PSO). If you have not yet made a deposit at PokerStars then you qualify for this promotion. If this applies to you then please start your very own 'Bankroll Builder' thread in the Forum and your personal instructor will guide you along the way.

2. Complete each lesson paying particular attention to the "Action is on You" sections. The activities described here are a critical part of earning the buy-ins. Upon satisfactorily completing the coursework, you will be eligible* to take the quiz and earn your first $2 buy-in**.
3. Complete the cash game course, again paying particular attention to the "Action is on You" sections. PSO instructors are available every step of the way to help you accomplish these tasks and determine your eligibility to receive the additional buy-ins. Once eligible you can complete the cash game quiz and receive your second $2 buy-in**

I do not see anything here about two live trainings and play money tables. How to explain this?

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 02:20 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi

Please see 3.

Quote - PSO instructors are available every step of the way to help you accomplish these tasks and determine your eligibility to receive the additional buy-ins. Once eligible you can complete the cash game quiz and receive your second $2 buy-in**

End Quote.

The Bankroll Builder promotion is not just about passing courses and receiving buy-ins. It's a learning process designed to help you with your game.

To complete it correctly you should have started your thread and followed the steps as advised by your instructor.

So far you have been instructed to play some play money games and using the Hand Replayer to post some interesting hands here in this thread.

Also you have been instructed to attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' Live Training session.

We did not instruct you yet to take any quiz.

Each step of your Bankroll Builder challenge will be advised by your instructor. In order to get any bonus you must complete each step as instructed by your personal instructor.

As advised above:

Play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#8)
I passed the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and play some play money games!

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
(#9)
How about this?

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I passed the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions and play some play money games!
Hi DvorzakM,

Thanks for posting these hands and I can confirm you did indeed attend tonights 'Getting Started at PokerStars' session with André 'HoRRoR77'.

I will ask one of the hand analysers to look at these hands you you and give you some feedback.

Once he has done this we will continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 12:31 AM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Dvorz,

In the first hand I like the flop bet for sure, but really not the turn check. Bet again on the turn for value, they'll be calling us with any king and probably pocket pairs and maybe even ace high. Checking the turn leaves way too much value on the table. River bet is good.

In the 2nd hand, it's a good fold for sure, A-rag is way too weak to be getting in this kind of action. Good laydown.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:59 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi DvorzakM

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
(#13)
Hello!

I passed basic assessment quiz 2 or 3 days ago.

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 11:27 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello!
I passed basic assessment quiz 2 or 3 days ago.
Hi DvorzakM,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
(#15)
Hi!
Thanks for first $2. I passed Cash game quiz and this is my first cash game hands

What to do now?

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi DvorzakM,

Thanks for posting. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at these for you. Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:02 PM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

87 - Raise immediately on the flop. There's no reason to slow play as we will get value from Q's and flush draws. If another spade comes, it will serve to kill your action (if they don't have spades) to an extent, so much better to raise for value right now.

Don't worry about the fact that they both folded to the turn raise. The action was extremely weak by both opponents so they genuinely didn't have much... you likely weren't getting much no matter how you played it.

T9 - lead the flop, lead the turn... their weak actions indicate weak holdings, you are ahead the vast majority of the time here but very vulnerable... by check-calling min bets you're baseically giving 8x, hearts, and overcards a free shot to draw out on you. Better to extract value from draws and charge them to try and draw out on you, you'll make more in the long run (and maybe get drawn out on a bit less, but it's not about that, it's about making a long term profit which you can't do well if you're giving them a correct price for all their draws).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:23 AM
(#18)
Hi!
I passed Cash game quiz and play the 1/2 cent real money tables but didn't get next $2

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:34 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi!
I passed Cash game quiz and play the 1/2 cent real money tables but didn't get next $2
Excelent!

Now that you've passed the cash quiz your account will be credited with your second buy-in within the next 24 hours.

Again use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables only. Earn 10 Vpp's with this buy-in and we'll automatically award you with another one.

If you lose this buy-in don't worry, just post the hands that cost you the money here for review and we'll analyse them for you and get you going again.

Good luck at the tables.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com