Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Level 51 in 1.1 R NLHE 60K GTD

Old
Default
Level 51 in 1.1 R NLHE 60K GTD - Tue Oct 16, 2012, 02:42 PM
(#1)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Best hand after and before the card dead. only getting 34,36,46 cards. Thinking of shoving once open, so when i get a limper decide to see the flop as i'm in position but a scary flop came.Decide to check and see what oppo will do and when cutoff make a raise decide not to invest more chips as another oppo still have to act after me.


--------------------
after the 58, T2,93,

UTG+1 with 5BB left and BB is approaching in next 2 hand with TAG image decide to take the risk to DU or blinds steal.

Exit hand



Need suggestion on both hand.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 02:45 PM..
 
Old
Default
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 07:34 PM
(#2)
samlucy's Avatar
Since: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
First of all im no expert so im hoping the better players agree with me but lots to learn

The first hand I would have preferred a shove preflop as you only have 7big blinds

I like the allin on the second hand (I didnt await or watch the outcome yet presumably you lost) yet I still think it was a good shove

Now I get shot down in flames but this is where im at now my skill level I mean so just my honest personal opinion

good luck

now that i found out it was a turbo #1 still a shove #2 not so sure but probably a shove still

Last edited by samlucy; Tue Oct 16, 2012 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: turbo
 
Old
Default
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
(#3)
marvinsytan's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,453
Hey Hitman, congrat on your run good

hand#1 depends on opp either he's trapping with a big hand or he's just a fish limping on the CO this late in the game which I don't think so, if this was me I might fold because I just paid the SB so I will have a good chance to get a decent hand for one more round or just shove preflop so be it A9 is not bad against the CO

hand#2 i will fold this K8s your just one overcard against 88+ and of course this hand is always dominated so I'll just wait.

one thing I learned about playing 3x turbo's is even at 2 to 3 BB's you can still climb back to the top you just need one DU so no need to panic and get it in that bad with 5bb's, if you pay 1.5bb's plus ante's after paying the blinds you might still have 3bb's and you might get an Ax in the BB's which you can easily call the BTN shove or the SB shove

i hope it helps - gl in the future keep running good Mr. Hitman
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:24 AM
(#4)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by samlucy View Post
First of all im no expert so im hoping the better players agree with me but lots to learn

The first hand I would have preferred a shove preflop as you only have 7big blinds

I like the allin on the second hand (I didnt await or watch the outcome yet presumably you lost) yet I still think it was a good shove

Now I get shot down in flames but this is where im at now my skill level I mean so just my honest personal opinion

good luck

now that i found out it was a turbo #1 still a shove #2 not so sure but probably a shove still
No need to be expert.
It's ok to express our opnion and debate about it, we are here to learn to improve our game so when same situation come we are properly guided.
Thanks mate.

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 01:04 AM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:41 AM
(#5)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinsytan View Post
Hey Hitman, congrat on your run good

hand#1 depends on opp either he's trapping with a big hand or he's just a fish limping on the CO this late in the game which I don't think so, if this was me I might fold because I just paid the SB so I will have a good chance to get a decent hand for one more round or just shove preflop so be it A9 is not bad against the CO

hand#2 i will fold this K8s your just one overcard against 88+ and of course this hand is always dominated so I'll just wait.

one thing I learned about playing 3x turbo's is even at 2 to 3 BB's you can still climb back to the top you just need one DU so no need to panic and get it in that bad with 5bb's, if you pay 1.5bb's plus ante's after paying the blinds you might still have 3bb's and you might get an Ax in the BB's which you can easily call the BTN shove or the SB shove

i hope it helps - gl in the future keep running good Mr. Hitman
Thanks Pare.

On 1st hand, may way of thinking at that particular moment is i'm paying 1/2 blind to see the flop and even BB shove, losing 1/2 blinds here is worth the risk as my hand got potential post flop, possibility of winning 2.6 M for 350 K investment for me is worth the shot and i'm at button next hand and need to pay only ante.

2nd hand,i'm already guaranteed $154 pay out, and got a TAG image and got fold equity, shoving only AQ+ from that position so only AK+, QQ+ will sure call me.
I took the risk to steal the pot which is 1/2 of my stacks and can give me a better chance to reached FT. Being card dead most of the previous hand, so i took a stand with my Kx and hope get lucky.

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 01:06 AM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 04:55 AM
(#6)
ahar010's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 614
Hi Pinoy Hitman,

I think first hand I'm absolutely shoving. Only reason not to would be if Marvin's read is correct. I haven't played the $1+R 3x turbos, But I don't think I'm that surprised to see a limp late on

If this guy was regularly raising and now he's limping it might be something to think about. If he's just a fish a shove is the way to go.

Yes our hand has potential to flop but it also has strength preflop. There's 2.3M chips out there. So just picking them up is going to be great if we can get folds. I expect we'll get a limp call some of the time and be in pretty good shape mostly.

On the 2nd hand. It's a nasty spot since we are in early position. But this short we probably just have to ride our luck. I think this is a good shove. Unfortunate thing is we might not have been in the spot if we made our stand with the A9s hand.

Awesome deep run though. Not often you get to acculmulate 5M chips, must have been quite a rush

Cheers
Andy




Quad Bracelet Winner

 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#7)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar010 View Post
Hi Pinoy Hitman,

I think first hand I'm absolutely shoving. Only reason not to would be if Marvin's read is correct. I haven't played the $1+R 3x turbos, But I don't think I'm that surprised to see a limp late on

If this guy was regularly raising and now he's limping it might be something to think about. If he's just a fish a shove is the way to go.

Yes our hand has potential to flop but it also has strength preflop. There's 2.3M chips out there. So just picking them up is going to be great if we can get folds. I expect we'll get a limp call some of the time and be in pretty good shape mostly.

On the 2nd hand. It's a nasty spot since we are in early position. But this short we probably just have to ride our luck. I think this is a good shove. Unfortunate thing is we might not have been in the spot if we made our stand with the A9s hand.

Awesome deep run though. Not often you get to acculmulate 5M chips, must have been quite a rush

Cheers
Andy
Thanks Coach Andy.

Normally i do shove this kind of hand and position but play it conservative since i don't have Big BR to risk early out.
I'm able to accumulate up to 8M but went card dead and so many raising, shoving and can't find a good spot to steal blinds and afraid to risk my stacks with crap hand just to steal the blinds.

Yes coach Andy, its quite an adrenaline rush and keep on praying that my Big hand won't get cracked.

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 05:50 AM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 03:34 PM
(#8)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by samlucy View Post
First of all im no expert so im hoping the better players agree with me but lots to learn

The first hand I would have preferred a shove preflop as you only have 7big blinds

I like the allin on the second hand (I didnt await or watch the outcome yet presumably you lost) yet I still think it was a good shove

Now I get shot down in flames but this is where im at now my skill level I mean so just my honest personal opinion

good luck

now that i found out it was a turbo #1 still a shove #2 not so sure but probably a shove still

Hi salmucy.

One thing you want to rethink here,as far as evaluating your effective stack size,is your 7BB thought process. In any MTT or SNG once antes come into play going with "M" factor will be a much more accurate tool.

M is easily calculated. All you do is take you stack and divide it by the current value of the blinds (in this case 700K + 350K ) and the value of the antes that are out for the whole table (560K). So that leaves a total of 1,610,000 chips. When we divide our stack by this we get...4,808,822/1,610,000 = 2.98,so essentially an M of 3.

What this tells us much more accurately than going only with the BB measurement is that with our stack on the current blind and ante levels our M of 3 means that we have 3 orbits around the table before we blind out. In other words we're dangerously short stacked here and should be looking for goo shove spots and never spewing chips by calling and/or raising only to fold afterwards. In a structure like a 3x Turbo this is even more true,due to the rapid blind and ante bumps.

I'll touch on that in my next post to follow.

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 03:38 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 03:59 PM
(#9)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_HITMAN View Post
Best hand after and before the card dead. only getting 34,36,46 cards. Thinking of shoving once open, so when i get a limper decide to see the flop as i'm in position but a scary flop came.Decide to check and see what oppo will do and when cutoff make a raise decide not to invest more chips as another oppo still have to act after me.


--------------------
after the 58, T2,93,

UTG+1 with 5BB left and BB is approaching in next 2 hand with TAG image decide to take the risk to DU or blinds steal.

Exit hand



Need suggestion on both hand.

Thanks in advance

Nice run Pinoy. Seems like we're seeing quite a bit of that from you lately,now get off your duff and ship something already,lol.

On the first hand:

To me here,and especially in a 3x turbo where the blind jumps are so rapid,we really can never with a M of 3 afford to be putting chips into the pot and then folding. So we only have 2 plays here IMO---shove or fold. IF we have the specific read that marvin brought up in his post then I guess we can fold here. At these stack sizes in a 3x Turbo if the limper HAS been raising or folding pretty consistently then yes,that would 100% raise a red flag with me. Minus that specific read then I feel a shove here is definitely the preferred play.

Look at what we're up against stack size wise in this hand if we shove.The CO and the BB both have us covered,but only by around 20% of their stacks (I'm calculating for the CO on his stack AFTER his limp,as the chips he limped are already "in play",so effectively out of the equation regarding his remaining stack...).

This means that we find ourselves in a spot against 2 of the only players on the table that we have great fold equity against. If we shove for them to look us up means that they are essentially putting their tournament lives on that call,as a loss will leave them on life support and the nurse is walking around the power cords with some clumsy clubbed feet.

That's the kind of spot we want to be aggressive in. Indeed that's the kind of spot we NEED to be aggressive in at this point. There are too many larger stacks on this table whom we have much,much less equity against. This spot,again save for us having that one specific read on the CO that marvin posited,is exactly the kind of spot we're looking for to garner some badly needed chips. With what's already in the middle if both players fold that's a great result for us. If we get looked up with worse or are flipping then that's a scenario that we'll take all day long.


On hand 2:

Which leads us the the opposite of our first hand. Here we have 2 huge factors working against us---position and the effective stack sizes of several of the players left to act behind us. Vllains 3,5 and especially 7 can all look us up/shove over top with a wide range that much of is ahead of us. Any pair,any suited Ace,most Aces regardless,combo paint...they have stacks that they can try to pick us off with hands that may be somewhat sketchy,but still have our K8s dominated.

The K8s on it's own is a perfectly reasonable hand to go with here when we're this short and if I'm in a later position in the hand with only one big stack and the BB left to call I would definitely go for it. But from this position,with those stacks left behind,my play would be to pass here.

That's my take,hope this gives you something useful to chew on.

Keep killing it.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 04:02 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 04:43 PM
(#10)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Thanks Moxie Pip

Now i have some BR to play with, showing no mercy

Got a good run tonight again but my AsJs shove UTG+1 was pick up by SB with AK.

Big 11 from 1.65 Sat ticket is near ITM
( did not cash, my AK UTG+1 <<88 by SB )

Wish me luck mates.

Good Luck to us in the table.

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Wed Oct 17, 2012 at 05:31 PM..
 
Old
Default
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
(#11)
samlucy's Avatar
Since: Jun 2011
Posts: 5
Hi Moxie good explanation of M but I was already aware of M but thanks anyway

What I mean is I know how to calculate it in fact my HUD does just that but as for using it im not as good ..except for allins

Cool that most agree including the coach Andy ahar

good luck p hitman

now if only I could pass that darn quiz...next time I best read th ecourse I like to have a go before reading course just to see my random skill score before readign and learning and improving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Hi salmucy.

One thing you want to rethink here,as far as evaluating your effective stack size,is your 7BB thought process. In any MTT or SNG once antes come into play going with "M" factor will be a much more accurate tool.

M is easily calculated. All you do is take you stack and divide it by the current value of the blinds (in this case 700K + 350K ) and the value of the antes that are out for the whole table (560K). So that leaves a total of 1,610,000 chips. When we divide our stack by this we get...4,808,822/1,610,000 = 2.98,so essentially an M of 3.

What this tells us much more accurately than going only with the BB measurement is that with our stack on the current blind and ante levels our M of 3 means that we have 3 orbits around the table before we blind out. In other words we're dangerously short stacked here and should be looking for goo shove spots and never spewing chips by calling and/or raising only to fold afterwards. In a structure like a 3x Turbo this is even more true,due to the rapid blind and ante bumps.

I'll touch on that in my next post to follow.

Hope this was helpful.
 
Old
Default
Big Thanks - Mon Oct 22, 2012, 06:49 AM
(#12)
PINOY_HITMAN's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,717
Hiyaa everyone

A very Big thanks to all that made a comment on this and it really helps a lot in my decision making in critical stage of tourney.

Proud to tell everyone that after this 1 won 2 Sunday Million Ticket.

Big Thanks to everyone.

PH
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com