Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

My Bankroll Builder

Old
My Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hello, I have not made a deposit, can I start my bankroll?

Old
Tue Oct 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestpot6470 View Post
Hello, I have not made a deposit, can I start my bankroll?
Hi Bestpot6470,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend one each of the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' and 'Bet Sizing' live training sessions. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:06 AM
(#4)

That is a hand I found difficult.
Is All on pre-flop a good choice with JJ?
Thank you

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:08 AM
(#5)
I have also completed the Basic Quiz and the two live trainings.

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470!

I'm never going to go all-in here with JJ and here are the reasons why.

1) JJ while it is a made hand, it is very marginal in a multi-way pot. There are a number of ways that my hand can get beat by the board. I can get beat by an overcard, flush, straight, two pair, etc. With multiple ways that I can lose, I do not want to play bingo with my chips and due to this, I do not want to be all-in unless I know that I have the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board... which I will never be able to do in this type of situation.

2) Pocket pairs play much better against less opponents.
We'll use JJ as an example. Reads on the opps will help with getting better odds percentages, but I think this will give you an idea of how it will work. For this, I'll assume that all of the opps are playing only a top 20% hand (could be higher or lower based on my read of the opps). I now go into pokerstove and see what my odds are.
Against 1 opponent, I will win 64.9% of the time
Against 2 opps, I will win 47.0% of the time (even against only two opps, I will lose the hand more often than I will win)
Against 3 opps, I will win 36.5% of the time
Against 4 opps (the case in this hand), I will only win 29.9% of the time
From this, I will win less than 30% of the time and in the 70+% that I lose.. I go broke!

I want to get my chips into the pot when I'm the favorite in the hand and expect to gain chips from betting, not when I'm a very large underdog in the hand and will bust the overwhelming majority of the time.

Playing marginal hands in large multi-way pots is always going to be a problem, as the more opponents that are in the hand, the worse my hand is going to play. It's much better to look for situaions where I can be heads-up (against only one opponent), where my hand will be ahead and not behind.

Hold'em is a game of seven cards, not just the two that I have in my hand and I do not want to have all my chips into the pot unless I have the best hand after all of the five cards on the board are revealed. Shoving or calling shoves without premium hands will almost always get me into deep trouble (unless I get lucky, which will happen on occasion, but will never happen in the long run).

With this action in front of me, the play that I will make is to muck JJ here and look for a better spot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
(#7)
Thank you John, Your explanation was very good and makes me thing about it, JJ really is not a monster hand and I should not go all in with this.

I have also completed the Basic Quiz and the two live trainings. When my first bankroll will be available?

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 02:12 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470!

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 17, 2012, 05:02 PM
(#9)
Thanks John,

This is another hand I found difficult

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2011
Hi BestPot

I don't think this spot was too difficult for you, until the river. That's because I think you played it perfectly before then.

When you flop a very strong, but potentially vulnerable, hand like this, out of position, you definitely want to bet for value and big. You did that by betting big on the flop and the turn. I really like that .

On the river I don't mind going for another street of value, there are lots of two pair combinations our opponent could call with. That being said, what hands could he be raising with?

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to think he would be raising two pair type hands. With those hands he would be afraid we had a straight.

You might say, well Gareth, he has to have a king to have me beat, isn't that unlikely?

Actually it is more likely than you would think. Let's take a look at all the possible hands that could call the flop and the turn that have a king in them.

AK, KK, KQ, KJ, KT, K9.... and K3 apparently.

That seems like a lot of possibilities that have us beat, and they would make sense to play this way for him.

So even though we are getting a decent price to call the river raise I think with a bit of hand reading we could get away from it. Happy to see that you did not raise again

Best of luck

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
(#11)
Thank you very much for your analisys GarethC23.
I'm happy to see I'm doing something right.
I have completed the second quiz and attended to the Entering a Cash Game Pot live training, can I get the second buy-in?

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 07:18 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470!

Have you lost the buy-in or are you still playing with it?

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 08:17 PM
(#13)
Hi John,
I have lost it, can I still get the second or I am disqualified?
Thank you

Old
Thu Oct 18, 2012, 08:21 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470!

The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
(#15)
Hi John, I have 10 FPP since Thursday and the last buy in is not credited, there is any problem?

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 03:36 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Bestpot6470!

If you have earned 10VPP with the buy-in, it can take up to 48 hours for this to register in the system.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
(#17)
Hi,
I have waited the 48 hours but the buy-in is not credited

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Hi Bestpot6470,

I'll need to ask support why this is so. Leave it with me and I'll post back when I have proper info for you. This might take 24 hours.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 05:18 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi,
Hi Bestpot6470,

Just to clarify, you need to earn the 10 Vpp with the last buy-in you have received as John stated. So far you have earned just over 10 Vpp in total.

So far you have received 2 buy-ins. One for passing the Basic Course and another for Passing the Cash Game course.

You did post one hand for review that you lost $0.40c. Can you post the others where you lost money with? It would be great to review them.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Oct 22, 2012 at 05:21 AM..

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 09:31 PM
(#20)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com