Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 9-max: Button

Old
2NL 9-max: Button - Thu Oct 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hey, I wanted a feedback on this play. The villain is a TAG.

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 02:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't like the limp, there is a weak player posting out of position, go ahead and raise here on the button to isolate his random hand and take the initiative.

Call the flop is fine, we have 2 overs and a gut shot, and he can be leading with 9x or draws mostly, as a lot of players slow play flopped trips, so we should have a lot of outs here, plus Q/K/A turn cards will be scary to most of his range as well, so this is a nice float spot.

Definitely like raising the turn for value when we get there, could even raise a bit more.

The river is a fold. The board double pairs, which just filled up basically the majority of his flop betting range, and he bombs the river for a pot sized bet (assume large river bets are for value unless you see differently). When we raised the turn he probably suspects we have a fair bit of 7x and straights, and suddenly he doesn't care. Why? Because he just made 9's full. If you felt strongly a player was bluffing here you could just call, never shove, he'll just fold his bluffs and call with all better hands. But seriously without a strong read to the contrary, we are generally beat here all the time.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com