Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 9-max: Button 3

Old
2NL 9-max: Button 3 - Thu Oct 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, I wanted a feedback on this hand as well.
The villain is a LAG.

Thanks

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 02:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

Just like the other 2 hands, stop limping in. Raise to isolate the limpers in position with AT. Definitely like betting 3 streets for value here, and I would take a bet/fold line all the way. It's a tough river because it improves us but when he check-raises, he rates to show up with a flush a ton of the time the way this hand played out. Just don't check behind on the river for fear of the flush card coming... that's a common mistake that costs tons of value long term. Sometimes he makes a flush and we lose, but more often he'll call our river bet as well and show us A-rag, and checking it down just leaves so much value on the table against all those worse ace hands. So I'm definitely betting this river. If he's really fishy to the point where I thought he would check-call 2 streets with JT then check-raise the river with a worse 2 pair, I might make the crying call, otherwise just exercise the wonderful power of the bet/fold imo, even against a LAG.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com