Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

what should i do with a turn like that

Old
what should i do with a turn like that - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
villain who won the hand is very lag plays any ace any suited hand and connector likes to float alot and is basically a calling station a lucky one to take a look at his stack

Old
sorry - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 05:51 PM
(#2)
SilverStar
lol hope u guys dont mind all the hands its just that i dont hv my laptop so i dont hv my other hand tracker to have my hand reviewed on other blogs

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 06:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Hey Danan758,

Was this Open League again? or a different game type?

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
no - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
no its not
ill state the open league in somewhere if it is

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 08:07 PM
(#5)
What game was it?

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
freeroll - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 08:12 PM
(#6)
SilverStar
hubbles freeroll

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#7)
In a Hubble we need to accumulate alot of chips to cash.

I like betting the flop and building the pot right away.

The turn is obviously a real ugly card for us. But I think we are still good alot of the time. On the turn we need to bet again, I think it's too tight to check and fold to a bet. And although is a scary card it's scary for everyone.

A big bet I think would commit us and these guys definately have hearts in their ranges. I would bet something small like 520 or so we are still charging anyone with a single heart or an 8 or Q.

Checking is an option but we give both opponents free cards and we could still be getting value from draws or 1 pair hands.

Either way we are folding to a reraise or large river bet. We also still have 10 outs to beat a straight or flush. Thats only 20% to hit on the river but if we do hit it's very likely we are getting stacks in.

If your read is the guy is loose and a calling station then I defintely think we should be trying to get value on the turn.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks - Sat Oct 20, 2012, 12:17 AM
(#8)
SilverStar
thanks man ill analyse hand tomorrow

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com