Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

sorry guys i have another

Old
sorry guys i have another - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2012
SilverStar
ok this is a skill league
busted out at 729here

my basic stats here are
3/9 in the BB
2/10 SB
4/62 in other
3/4 pots at showdown
2 without showdown
so im getting better at the skill league i think though i dont hv resutlts to show for it but am i too tight
now to this hand should i have shoved or if not what then
sorry for all the post guys am really trying to fix all my mistakes and get better

Old
statistics - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
(#2)
SilverStar
im in a hubbles right now (whilst impost this)
average chip stack is 41k and i got 18k i have been 1/2 average from the early stages of tourney im not sure if im playing too tight or what it is
m stats right now are
10/16 BB
3/15 SB
10/100 other
5/6 at showdown
1 without showdown

so give me your feedback ill visit strategy forums with this but since i posted this hand just figured i might as well

Old
Fri Oct 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi danan758!

Nothing is too tight for a league game and there is absolutely no problem with posting hands that you have a question for... that's what the HA forums are for. I vividly remember one that I was in for two hours. I played two hands and the only reason I was in the second one was that I was blinded in.

With AK from UTG, since this is a league game, I'm not going to open-shove like I would in a cash tourney. I'm going to make my std open (2.5BB+1BB for each limper) and re-evaluate when I have to. By betting 1500, I'm hoping to limit the field, as I do not want to be in a multi-way pot with an unmade hand. Also, if someone shoves over me.. I can then get off the hand and last a good bit longer, as I will still have over 5BB.
Since this could be near where the points could change from negative to positive (will depend on your league score for the month), it's best to err on the side of caution and assure getting positive points from the tourney.

If this was a cash tourney, it's a snap-shove for me.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. In the Hubble, those numbers look similar to what I would run in them to get a deep run. I play extremely tight early, then loosen up some near the bubble. The only number that may be high is the BB (SB may be 1 too many too as it's the position that I want to be involved in hands the least)... unless I saw the overwhelmning majority of those BB ones for free. I would normally be in the 15-20 (+/- 5%) range on flops seen, depending on how good of cards I was getting.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks - Fri Oct 19, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#4)
SilverStar
thanks again

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com