Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

catch 22

Old
catch 22 - Sat Oct 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012

yea.. so if i'd lost the hand, i'd b called a fish (which 1 observer called me), and was called a donk when i won.. actually villain called me pidar, so guess what nationality he/she is from??

don't these folks understtand that with 2BB left behind i can/and/or m entitled to shove with any 2??

btw, this was from a premier league game.

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 11:11 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
I see nothing wrong, move along

Why didn't he just shove? That would have been a harder question for you to answer but a great note on him for the future

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I see nothing wrong, move along

Why didn't he just shove? That would have been a harder question for you to answer but a great note on him for the future

thanks for the validation Ovalman.. n i did take notes
can't answer the question on why villain didnt jus shove pre tho

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 11:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
He was being greedy and wanted you to call. It could be a read and a leak, if he min raises premiums again and say 4x AJo then it's a definite.

You may not encounter this player again and it's even more unlikely he'll have a premium but when you have enough notes then there will be a day that note will become useful. I kid you not. I use HEM but still keep copious notes in my game and my notes help me again and again.

If someone picks their nose and rubs it under the table it's a note.

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
(#5)
Hey wicked76

This is fine dude, completely standard. With a 3 bb stack including your big blind Q high is good enough to call a shove from sb. There are very few hands which I will be folding here, 'the 52o' type of hands.

I know some guys that would call with any 2 cards because of the price we are getting 'more than 3.5 to 1'

Nice hand, nice suckout! 5 Stars lol!

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 02:41 AM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewMe1 View Post
Hey wicked76

This is fine dude, completely standard. With a 3 bb stack including your big blind Q high is good enough to call a shove from sb. There are very few hands which I will be folding here, 'the 52o' type of hands.

I know some guys that would call with any 2 cards because of the price we are getting 'more than 3.5 to 1'

Nice hand, nice suckout! 5 Stars lol!
TYTY Chris

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com