Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Stats for courses. Need feedback.

Old
Stats for courses. Need feedback. - Sat Oct 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
During current Hold'em session you were dealt 11 hands and saw flop:

- 1 out of 3 times while in big blind (33%)
- 1 out of 3 times while in small blind (33%)
- 3 out of 5 times in other positions (60%)
- a total of 5 out of 11 (45%)
Pots won at showdown - 1 of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

Feedback?

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 03:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Sin80127!

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link that will help to get you familiar with many of the things that PSO has to offer.

This is not enough of a sample size to really determine anything. Over a large sample size, it will also need to be different based on the type of game that someone is playing. A freeroll will have different numbers than a league game, which would be different from a cash tourney, which would be different from a cash table.

In a cash tourney, I try to aim for 20% (+/-5%) of flops seen (with the lowest number being from the SB, as that is the worst position at the table. For example, in a league game I'd look for about 1/2 those numbers, as I need to play tighter.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
JWK has the right of it. You'll need a much larger sample size to begin realizing any useful data.

However, here's a quick impression based on these stats alone. I'm thinking too loose. Try tightening your range of hands. For example, if you play ace-whatever and any two suited cards, consider Ace-ten+ and Ten+ suited.

As already mentioned, you want to shoot for a 20% playing range. With experience, you'll either tighten it, or loosen it, dependent on your run of cards.

If you were hitting nothing but group one hands, you must have gotten hit with some bad luck. Most likely scenario is you are pushing marginal hands. We've all been there. Heck, the old hedgehog was firmly in the golden ace camp before finding this school.

I commend you on keeping those numbers. Continue amassing that data until you have one hundred games under your belt, or a thousand+ hands, whichever comes first. By then, you'll have enough data to make a worthwhile evaluation of your praying style.

Check out my numbers in this forum, (Stats to Drown By). I'm not saying my stats are the ideal, but it should give you a comparison. Though I do think yours are better than mine for determining player style.

Wishing you good luck and a hearty welcome. May the odds be ever in your favor when playing on the virtual felt.

Oh yes, the old hedgehog is American, so you'll not see him anywhere but here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com