Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

The Hot $0.55

Old
The Hot $0.55 - Sat Oct 20, 2012, 08:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
PokerStars Hand #87965361010: Tournament #627496122, $0.50+$0.05 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (30/60) - 2012/10/20 17:17:21 ET
Table '627496122 223' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: fres fish (9740 in chips)
Seat 2: x-dragoste-x (7120 in chips)
Seat 3: Bill Curran (3760 in chips)
Seat 4: Marfer48 (8010 in chips)
Seat 5: PustoY (2880 in chips)
Seat 6: Seall (2100 in chips)
Seat 7: jebac79 (6570 in chips)
Seat 8: MARYIO398 (4275 in chips)
Seat 9: Birdmanone46 (3000 in chips)
PustoY: posts small blind 30
Seall: posts big blind 60
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Bill Curran [7c 9c]
jebac79: folds
MARYIO398: folds
Birdmanone46: calls 60
fres fish: folds
x-dragoste-x: calls 60
Bill Curran: calls 60
Marfer48: folds
PustoY: calls 30
Seall: checks
*** FLOP *** [Tc Jc Th]
PustoY: checks
Seall: checks
Birdmanone46: bets 120
x-dragoste-x: calls 120
Bill Curran: calls 120
PustoY: folds
Seall: folds
*** TURN *** [Tc Jc Th] [5c]
Birdmanone46: checks
x-dragoste-x: checks
Bill Curran: bets 300
Birdmanone46: calls 300
x-dragoste-x: calls 300
*** RIVER *** [Tc Jc Th 5c] [8c]
Birdmanone46: bets 1260
x-dragoste-x: folds
Bill Curran: raises 1260 to 2520
Birdmanone46: calls 1260 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Bill Curran: shows [7c 9c] (a straight flush, Seven to Jack)
Birdmanone46: shows [Jd Ac] (a flush, Ace high)
Bill Curran collected 6600 from pot
Birdmanone46 finished the tournament in 5131st place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6600 | Rake 0
Board [Tc Jc Th 5c 8c]
Seat 1: fres fish folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: x-dragoste-x folded on the River
Seat 3: Bill Curran showed [7c 9c] and won (6600) with a straight flush, Seven to Jack
Seat 4: Marfer48 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: PustoY (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Seall (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 7: jebac79 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: MARYIO398 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Birdmanone46 showed [Jd Ac] and lost with a flush, Ace high

To Dave, The Langolier......or anyone really.

I know I won this hand, but did I play it correctly ?

Old
Sat Oct 20, 2012, 08:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
**Moved as hand evaluation was requested**

Follow me on: Twitter

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 05:30 AM
(#3)
Hi Bill Curran,

Nice Hand. I had to double check when the river rolled off

I think you'd played the hand very well.

Limping behind preflop is fine here. We have a suited connector so obvious like a nice cheap family flop. We have 60BBs so nice implied odds for when we hit our hand. And lastly we have position so the ability to control the size of the pot. The flop bet is small vs the pot and with the one caller already we are getting a good price to try and hit our draw.

I like betting the turn when our flush comes in, this is where our position comes in handy. We hit our hand we control the size of the pot now and can increase it, if we missed we can check and keep it small.

River is obviously a no brainer. God knows what this guy is doing. Limping AJ, betting tiny when he hits the flop and checking with likley the best of it and the nut flush draw. Crazy stuff.

Well done
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 22, 2012, 02:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Nice hand Bill.

IMO not much to add to what Andy said. Your play here is excellent I think. Like coming along pre,from the CO with a suited 1 gapper. Such an easy hand to play in position most times...hit the flop hard or go home.

Once you get the flush on the turn I like the bet here,could be much worse looking you up.

Like Andy said,river is basically auto-pilot. The way he played the hand I'm betting the villain was fist pumping on the river,thinking he had hit HIS nut card. Really terrible on every street by him,he deserved to get stacked.

How did you end up making out here? Love the value of this tourney,US peeps get back I definitely want to play this as much as possible.

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Bill,

I concur with Andy as well, played it fine.

Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 03:07 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Nice hand Bill.

How did you end up making out here? Love the value of this tourney,US peeps get back I definitely want to play this as much as possible.
Hi Moxie,

I lasted about another hour after that hand, about half an hour after registration closed, I had KK in the BB and a very very loose player who had me covered re-raised my raise of 5X to put me all in, He turned over A7o He flopped a seven and rivered a third seven and my Kings didn't improve.

Didn't make the money, I usually end up going out around that mark or just before the money, once or twice I have min cashed, on the whole the tourney plays quite nicely, about half way between the Open League and the Premiership at the start and then improves towards the bubble.

On the whole, not a bad little tourney, very good value if you can run deep.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com