Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

nl2 fr raise flop bet from BB donk

Old
nl2 fr raise flop bet from BB donk - Sun Oct 21, 2012, 08:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
yo...
ok i steal the blinds here with QKo, the BB calls and donks, the donk bets tilt me a wee bit but not too much, anyway the flop possibley hit there donk range, i dont think they will donk a flush draw but not sure, anyway i have a gutshot and 2 overs, i decide to raise there donk, there a thinking player TAGGY sort so i think they will fold, but they call, .... not sure the 10 on turn, they check, when somone does this to me and there are 2 flush cards out i think they cant have a trip tens coz they would bet to protect from flush, so i barrel it, is this ok,?..
.. they call and im a bit lost but hit one of my overs and check as i have ok showdown value.!...
... so basically in the first place should i just fold on flop to their donk, or what would you do? with a gutshot and 2 overs to a donk bet, ?.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...347_EDA6E6FB7E

Old
Sun Oct 21, 2012, 04:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I think you can take a card off on the flop but I am never raising, this wet board smacks his preflop calling range hard. Many times this donk bet is some kind of 1 pair hand or draw (or combo there of) and this board provides a lot of that. The problem with raising is he's never folding any of it and you're setting yourself up to get taken off a gut shot to the nuts if you get 3b. Also really don't like the turn barrel, again the turn card is terrible for you as a lot of his flop bet/calling range does in fact include top pair and that just improved. Also even if the ten doesn't improve him, it's not a scary card to the rest of his range either, so you're basically bluffing in a spot that seems really unlikely to succeed and again sets you up to be raised off your equity in this pot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
yeah it didnt feel rite at time, thast why i put it here to make sure i was a bit wrong in playing it this way on that flop!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com