Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

EV OooHPls (Number Input)

Old
EV OooHPls (Number Input) - Mon Oct 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2012
SEEKING HELP HERE! Sorry for the long post! Here goes..
I understand in an EV Calling situation,
EV = (Pot*Win%)-(Call*Lost%)

However if it is a re-raise situation.. I keep going in circles as I'm not sure of the value input.. Need help! Here goes..

Hero on Button QQ(~55%) vs Villain on Big Blind AK(~45%)
Pot = $13
Blinds @ $1/2
Villain bets $6.5 (1/2Pot)

CALL
($19.5*55%) - ($6.5*45%)= +7.8
(Hopefully right to this point:X)

Here's where my headache comes ..
If I'm considering a 3Bet to $13. Villain now needs to call another $6.5(Regardless good or bad raise for now :X)

Assume Villain Fold = 40%

1. Vi Folds
(40%*19.5) = +7.8
2. Vi Calls another $6.5 & Hero Win
Issit.. ($39*55%) = +21.45
3. Vi Calls another $6.5 & Hero Lose -17.55
Issit.. ($39*45%) = -17.55
4. Vi 4Bet..(Am I thinking too much here?)

Therefore I SORT OF concluded EV of reraise to be..
+7.8 + 21.45 - 17.55 = +11.7

The thing is.. I'm not sure if I'm inputting the correct Amount for the red areas.. And do I need to input the part where the villain NOT FOLDING 60% of the time?

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Sorry, not really sure where you're going with this as no villain is folding AK 40% of the time preflop here to a 3b, and you can't really calculate the EV of the 3B because it's not an all in situation anyway. But the formula if it were all in would be:

EV=money won (current pot)*% of time Villain folds + money won*% of time villain calls and you win - money lost *% of time villain calls and you lose

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 01:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2012
Thanks Dave. Never knew the EV calculation was not applicable for 3 bet situations. And yea that AK 40% is ridiculous! was trying to get my question posted fast! haha

Is there a better way to know if 3Betting in a particular hand is a good option besides est range & looking at Fv3Bet%?

Would be great if I can get some advice here from u!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com