Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

ysoares' Bankroll Builder

Old
ysoares' Bankroll Builder - Mon Oct 22, 2012, 08:31 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
WhiteStar
Greetings,

I would like to know if I am eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Thanks in advance,

Yuri (ysoares)

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoares View Post
Greetings,
I would like to know if I am eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion.
Thanks in advance,
Yuri (ysoares)
Hi ysoares,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete guide of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

For a complete overview of the steps in this promotions please >>click here<<

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 01:17 PM
(#3)
WhiteStar
Hey Raiser,

Thank you for the reply. I will be waiting your advise and the steps to take in case I be eligible for it.

ysoares

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 01:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here is a link to the instructions for the replayer.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck at the tables.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
I tried to retrieve my hand history while inside a play money table, but the pokerstars client popped up a window saying play money hands couldn't be retrieved. Is it a temporary thing or is it a problem with my client?

I had a saved hand here that I played during a MTT and got me kinda mad, as it was a straight flush but no one commited to the pot after the flop, but I think I played it right, just bad luck after all

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 03:30 PM
(#6)
WhiteStar
And regarding the Live Training Session, I am already registered to watch today's Getting Started with the Pokerstars. I will provide feedback as soon as I have attended to it.

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
(#7)
WhiteStar
Alright, just attended to Getting Started with Pokerstars Live Training Session with ChewMe1 and I am ready to continue.

Cheers!

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 08:07 PM
(#8)
WhiteStar
I have downloaded and installed a new Pokerstars client and the play money hand history issue is now solved. So here are a couple of hands I believe to have played correctly, but correct me if I am wrong.

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
(#9)
WhiteStar
I have already attended to Getting Started with Pokerstars. I'm waiting for further instructions.

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
(#10)
Hi,

Please take the Basic Assessment Quiz/Course, let me know once you have passed it and you will be advanced to the next stage in you Bank Roll Builder.

What where your reads on the villains in this hand?
is a good hand and has a lot of potential post flop.
With 3 limpers ahead of you can either:

1.)Limp in to see an affordable flop and play fit or fold.
2.)Raise 3x the big blind + 1 for each limper(this line is entirely dependent on the reads/tendencies that we have on villain 2, 5, 9..are they loose passive etc..)

The flop is fine to be semi-bluffing the flush draw as the action checked around to us on the button, I like your bet sizing of 1/2 pot as it doesn't inflate the pot if we get called or if one of the villains chooses to check raise the default 3xbet, although 3/4 pot bet is also optimal depending on table dynamics.

The turn is still an okay spot to be semi-bluffing when checked to. I'd bet a little bit more than 1/2 to 3/4 pot in this spot (ex. 350 to 400).

What where your reads on the villains in this hand? Let's discuss this hand a little bit more.
is a solid broad way hand in the cut off position.
Facing 2 limpers I'd raise 3x the big blind + 1 for each limper.

On the flop I'd bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot (ex. 500 to 750) as it's a really dry board.

If you have any hands that you do not feel to sure about please post a replay of them here in your thread and I'll help you out!

Good luck at the tables!

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
(#11)
WhiteStar
I have read all the Basic Course and also passed the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Both the hands mentioned were played in the same table, where the opponents were playing quite tight and controled, despite the common recklessness we see in play money tables.

And for the bet sizes, I tried to keep them in accordance with the pre-flop raises, raising post-flop by the same ammounts as not to give them any clues about my hole cards.

Should I raise post-flop according to my pre-flops bets or should I stick to pot-size relative bets?

Thanks for the advices!

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysoares View Post
I have read all the Basic Course and also passed the Basic Assessment Quiz.

Both the hands mentioned were played in the same table, where the opponents were playing quite tight and controled, despite the common recklessness we see in play money tables.

And for the bet sizes, I tried to keep them in accordance with the pre-flop raises, raising post-flop by the same ammounts as not to give them any clues about my hole cards.

Should I raise post-flop according to my pre-flops bets or should I stick to pot-size relative bets?

Thanks for the advices!
Hi,

Well done on the quiz!

Bet/raise post flop for value or a bluff, the size of your bet should be 1/2 to 3/4 the size of the pot (ex. pot total=600 >> bet 300 to 400, pot total=1200 >> bet 600 to 900).Keeping my bet sizing the same each time post flop will make it difficult for the villains to range me accurately.

Your 1st Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.! Please use this buy-in at the 9-max 1/2c real money tables.

Good luck at the tables and if you have any questions about hands that you played post a replay here.

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
(#13)
WhiteStar
Alright, got it!

As soon as I receive the buy-in I'll start playing at those tables and share some hands.

Thanks!

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#14)
WhiteStar
Here's a hand I believe to have played correctly before the river, when I should have just checked instead of betting. But, at least, I folded it instead of losing in the showdown.

Besides that, are there any more tasks I can accomplish in order to continue building my bankroll?

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 09:10 PM
(#15)
What where your reads on the villains?

QJ in the big blind with limpers ahead of us is a check option.

On the flop we have top pair, but readless I'm bet>>folding to a raise or checking,
I'm out of position and will not feel comfortable about my hand with no reads on later streets.
There is such a wide range that the 3 villains are limping, even though a limping range is percieved as
a weak range there will be times players limp strong broadway hands or high pocket pairs.

It is very important to take notes and develop reads on the villains at the table.
(ex. what are they range of hands are they showing down)
I'd like to see your bet sizing adjusted to 1/2 pot or 3/4 pot when value betting, for instance
betting such a small amount post flop (ex. 2c on the river) is telegraphing our hand as not so strong and can often
get bluff catched or easily or raised..

I hope this helps.

If you have lost your first buy-in please take the Cash Game Quiz and post the hand that lost here for analysis, once you have passed the quiz let me know and your next buy-in will be awarded. Please >>click here<< for a complete overview of the Bank Roll Builder Promo.

Old
Sun Nov 04, 2012, 09:54 AM
(#16)
WhiteStar
I have passed the Cash Game Quiz.

Below I posted two hands in which I lost some considerable chips. Now I have 50cents, which is not enough to enter the tables.

First: at this one, I read he showed some weakness along the streets by checking after me. And then he bet on the rive, which I believe to be a bluff, but he had a higher pair than mine.

Second: this one was the most important, I really don't know what hole cards my opponent could have and maybe I should've called his last bet on the turn, but in this case I would be all-in with only four outs to draw a straight, which led me to fold.

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 09:14 PM
(#17)
What where your reads on the villains at the table?

UTG I'd open for a raise of 3x the big blind and fold to any 3bets ahead of me. If I get flat called by 1 or 2 of the villains I'll just play fit or fold post flop (flop 3 of a kind..fold to any bets if I don't hit a 7) There is just such a wide range of Kx and Ax that villain 1, 6 and 7 can be limping from mid position aswell BB check/option (K7s+ A7s+)

The check>>call line on the turn and river can be justified if we have reads on villain7 and that they've shown the tendency (based on show down ranges) to bluff in multi-way limp pots, but most times in this limp pot scenario we should just check fold most turn bets on this board texture at full ring, it'll save us a lot of chips in the long run.

What where your reads on the villains at the table, what range of hands did you put them on?

Facing a 4x open and a min 3bet ahead of us with this hand and the leverage of our effective stack size of about 60bb,
I'd be re-raising all-in if my reads on villain6 and 7 where leaning towards loose aggressive. This is a perfect spot to take down the pot uncontested or get a worse range of Ax or Kx hands to call our all in. (ex. AT AJ AQ, KT KJ KQ)

There are only 2 hands that are dominating our (AA KK) every other pocket pair QQ and below we will be in a coin flip situation.

If the villains ahead of us haven't been to active at the table then maybe I can consider folding, there might be a
strong possibilty of them having (KK AA)

Min 3betting on our stack size with anything other than AA will be leaking chips if we get flat called by one or both of the villains sitting with 330bb and 200bb if we miss the flop/turn and check>>fold, unless of course we jam the flop and they happen to fold.

Our bet sizing of 6c on the flop in to a pot of 96c is giving the villain 16 to 1 to float, but the villain elects to raise with the pot size so big in comparison to our stack and investing almost half of our stack pre-flop we would be better off re-raising all-in maybe for value from this range (ex. AT AQ, KT KQ or a spade draw) flat calling the villains flop raise is not an option we will be folding most turns if our hand doesn't improve.

I hope this helps.

Your 2nd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awareded to you within the next 2 hours!

Keep in mind that after passing the Cash Game Quiz and receiving your 2nd buy-in there are 3 ways to get awarded the 2 remaining buy-ins:

1.) Earn 10 VIP Player Points (VPPs) at PokerStars $0.01/$0.02 FR NLHE tables and we will automatically release your next buy-in.

2.)If you lose your buy-in before earning the required VPPs, you will need to post the key hands from your losing session in your forum thread. Your PSO instructor will review your play and, where necessary, suggest additional training before sending you back to the tables with your next buy-in.

3.)At any point, you can make a deposit and all remaining buy-ins from the promotion will automatically be released.

Best of luck to you at the tables!

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Nov 05, 2012 at 09:23 PM..

Old
Thu Nov 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#18)
WhiteStar
Lee,

I lost my bankroll

I'm posting the key hands that led to this.

This first one I think I should have folded after the river, because until then I was paying low bets for good odds, but I missed my gutshot draw.

At this one I didn't believe the villain could have a pair of kings, since he didn't bet or raised at any moment and was just calling my bets.

Again, another villain who didn't show any strenght with a monster hand. Leading me to believe I had a winning hand.

The villain flopped a set but his bet was just 1/3 of the pot and I thought he was trying to steal the blinds with this small bet by taking advantage of his button position. With a trip, I called his small bet but I should have folded after his re-raise in the turn.

I really had problems against passive villains with strong holdings.

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 05:25 AM
(#19)
a suited broadway hand is a standard 4x raise on the button with 1 limper ahead of us, I like it! What where your reads on villain2 in this hand?(ex. where they playing passively? what range of hands where they taking to
showdown?)

With the villains flop bet being so small, most times "a weak bet is a weak hand" just unfortunate to walk into a set of 7's in this scenario.

Here are a few lines to take:

1.) raise it up to 3x their bet size (3bet to 12c), we have the iniative in the pot as we're in position and the pre-flop
raiser, on this flop of being such a dry board, the only range that connects with a limp/call 4x raise pre from mid position (J9 JT J8 J7 55+) this range (AJ KJ QJ) will most likely open for 3x preflop, this basically narrows down their range to made hands and if the villain is capable of hand reading all of that might be in your range As for semi-bluffs it can be highly likely (T9 T8 98 68 46). All air folds and only better will call on this flop and it'll give us info for turn play.(fold turn if villain leads into us again)

2.) Fold to the flop bet. Pick a better spot to be the one betting instead of calling, wait for a good value hand and connect with.

When the villain bet nearly double the pot on the river, where there enough bluffs in there range to be doing that?

We need to ask ourselves these questions:
why is the Villain betting?
1,) Is it for value?
2.) a bluff?
3.) to collect dead money?

Bet sizing, hand ranges and table image all play a huge factor in 1, 2 and 3. Attentiveness at the table..take notes on player tendencies/hand ranges.

on the button, I like the 3x raise.

Your bet sizing on a dry board was perfect, glad to see that you are feeling more comfortable betting!
We lost the minimum with top pair and a decent kicker.
A check>>call line can also extract value from a range of bluffs/out kicked Kx, as that's what the villain did.

in the small blind is ok to raise 3x +1bb per limper, but..what where your reads on villain5?
As that will ultimately determine the line we take with the hand OOP (out of position).
The flop bet is fine as we can get value from a wide range of weaker Kx, Qx and maybe even Jx or pick up the pot
uncontested, a check is also fine for pot control the stack depth of us and the villain is nearly 100bb deep.
The turn we hit top pair, we want our bet sizing to be a little bit smaller 1/2 to 3/4 pot, unless we know for
certain they will pay full pot for a flush draw is that what you where putting them on? If so, what range of hands call
the flop that now have turned a flush draw? The river comes a Q, we check what range calls the flop and turn that has a Q?

in the big blind, check the option with 2 limpers.
Check calling the flop for 2c with 2nd pair and an inside straight draw is fine. On the turn
with our stack depth of 30bb this is an auto-shove (all-in) when we get min 3bet, if we where sitting deeper with like 100bb+ ($2+) this could just be a call.
There is most certainly enough worse 9x hands in their range, also that goes for Jx.

Keep at it ysoares, you have come a long way in the Bank Roll Builder from a fundamental stand point and poker experience.
Your 3rd Bank Roll Builder buy-in will be awarded to you within the next 24 hours.

Best of luck to you at the tables, and if there is any questions that you would like to ask regarding poker before you play at the 9-max tables just drop a message here in your thread.

Old
Sat Nov 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
(#20)
Your 4th Bank Roll Builder buyin-has been awardedto you!

This will help make you feel more comfortable at the table while playing poker. You have earned it!

Best of luck to you!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com