Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

How To Blog at PokerSchoolOnline

Old
How To Blog at PokerSchoolOnline - Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Select Your Image - Tue Oct 23, 2012, 08:01 AM
(#2)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi all,

You can select what image appears for your blog when it is featured here at the school. Blogs that have exceptional content and are well-written and presented have a much better chance of being featured so spend a little extra time and effort on them.

Pick what theme you want for your blogs from the selection below and post a reply in this thread with what one you would like.

You can choose from:

Movies

Vegas

Chips

Education

Poker News

Flowers

Flames

Teddy

Moonlight

Cat Theme

Monkey

Audio

Pick what theme you want for your blogs from the selection above and post a reply in this thread with what one you would like. Once you blog has been approved and, if it's good enough to be featured, it will appear as our 'Featured Blog of The Day' HERE

Happy blogging!
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by royalraise85; Tue Oct 23, 2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old
Sat Dec 01, 2012, 10:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Raiser,

I thought about starting a blog on pokerschoolonline. I suppose I could start by selecting one of the above images -- VEGAS.

Thanks,
deadmoneykid

Old
Sun Dec 02, 2012, 04:39 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmoneykid View Post
I thought about starting a blog on pokerschoolonline. I suppose I could start by selecting one of the above images -- VEGAS.
Not a problem, just message me here or PM me after you write your first blog and I'd be happy to do that for you.

Blogs can take up to 6 hours to get approved so don't worry if you don't see it straight away.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Feb 06, 2013, 12:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
hii, I just posted a blogg, could I get the education picture =D

thankss

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 02:52 AM
(#6)
Love your accent Raiser! I have a question - why are there blog blogs and forum blogs?

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 04:59 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvokeNZ View Post
I have a question - why are there blog blogs and forum blogs?
Hi Evoke,

Members can use it as an alternative to the blog section if they wish but it's main purpose is that members can post in the forum each time they have a new blog approved and published to let other members know here in the Forum.

If they do this regularly it turns out to be a nice way of keeping a list of all your personal blogs in chronological order.

Here's a >>Good Example<< of this.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Feb 09, 2013, 06:38 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Pick what theme you want for your blogs from the selection below and post a reply in this thread with what one you would like.

Monkey

Once your blog has been approved and, if it's good enough to be featured, it will appear as our 'Featured Blog of The Day' HERE
I just discovered this thread, and next time I'm featured (assuming there is a next time!) I definitely want to use the Monkey image. It's very goofy, but it fits my brand identity perfectly!

Also, those cards look to me like a playable Badugi hand or a mediocre Omaha Hi/Lo hand and maybe even an acceptable Omaha Hi hand. But I've never played Badugi, and my limited Omaha experience was years ago and went rather poorly, so what do I know? I'm just a silly monkey anyway.

-- CanuckMonkey

Bracelet Winner

Old
The Chips picture will work great on my blog! - Sun Feb 10, 2013, 11:07 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi royalraise85:

I would like to illustrate my blog with the "Chips" picture, which represents exactly what I'm looking for... besides the fun involve in getting them all!

Thank you

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#10)
Hi Raiser

I finally finished my blog if accepted would u use the Vegas theme what a time ,I originally had it done yesterday and was reviewing it for spelling errors and im not sure what happened but i hit the space bar an it deleted my work, Had to start all over been up all night no fun

THX

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 05:59 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverFlat View Post
Hi Raiser, I finally finished my blog if accepted would u use the Vegas theme
Hi RiverFlat

I'd be very happy to but I don't see any blog pending approval from you yet, are you sure you submitted it?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 08:58 PM
(#12)
hi there Yes i wrote this blog on PSO

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 09:59 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi RiverFlat,

Both myself and JWK24 have tried to look for you blog on our system and we don't see it there.

If you could please try writing and submitting it again for us and as soon as we see it on our system we will approve it for you. Make sure you tick the 'Publish' checkbox when submitting your blog.

This video will show you how to submit your blog.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 25, 2013, 10:24 PM
(#14)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:

I have found it and it is set live sorry for the delay

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Blog corrections - Mon Feb 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
(#15)
Hi ,i see that my blog has been rec'd and under approval.

I was wondering if after a blog is approved and the writer needed to correct spelling errors or perhaps forgot to add a few words that were missed in a paragraph if the blog would need to be re-submitted again
i have found a few spots in mine and would like to repair them
but it isnt approved yet

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi RiverFlat!

I just re-approved it for you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 12:50 AM
(#17)
Since: Dec 2012
Hi Raiser, just found this thread and was wondering if I get a featured blog can I use the moonlight image?

Thanks a lot!

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 04:27 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Built-byTilt View Post
Hi Raiser, just found this thread and was wondering if I get a featured blog can I use the moonlight image?

Thanks a lot!
Absolutely, no problem!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wbcoop - Tue Feb 26, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#19)
hi guy,s can u take a look at my blog it is still pending it was ok but i found a few mistakes so i corrected them and submitted it and now its says still pending

Old
Tue Feb 26, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi guy,s can u take a look at my blog it is still pending it was ok but i found a few mistakes so i corrected them and submitted it and now its says still pending
Hi RiverFlat,

Just approved! Nice read

You'll find it >>HERE<<

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com