Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

wat u think

Old
wat u think - Tue Oct 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
should i of reraised after the min raise to try get the guy villain 6 i think it is commited if i hit a set

all these hands are with in about 15 hands of the premier skill league

Last edited by stedds; Tue Oct 23, 2012 at 08:55 PM..

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 09:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2010
For me I wouldn't do anything different here.

I'm raising TT FTA pre - my standard raise - very similar to what you do here.

When there is a reraise I wont go all aggro - I may elect to fold if I think the opp is nitty - and I'm not interested in getting a large proprtion of my chips into a flip with AK/AQ at this stage.

But here, as we have the big stack and there is a call ahead and we close the action preflop I am definitely calling the extra 100 odd chips and can get away on a scary flop that I miss that has overs / big draws or if I think my TT is already behind to JJ+

When we hit the set I am probably going to go broke v AA - because I make a lot v AK & other Ax and any other pair so often.

So I like the line all the way through here. Even in the PSO Prem when they always seem to have AA...

Ed

Old
Tue Oct 23, 2012, 09:19 PM
(#3)
cheers ed much appreciated was deffo a little scared when that 9 come i thought here we go an ace on the river lol

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Stedds,

I agree with Ed here. No reason to try and get TT in preflop. If you open the betting again thats what could happen. You're getting great odds to set mine here. Just call the 100 and see what the flop looks like

Nice to hit the set. Ship it

Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I guess one thing on the flop is I would probably shove over the top. Flat calling looks strong to a good player. And the size of a shove makes no difference to a weak player.

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
(#6)
cheers to both of you glad i played another one right deffo coming on strong now when im hitting good

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com