Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Flop decision - Can I fold this?

Old
Flop decision - Can I fold this? - Thu Oct 25, 2012, 04:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Sorry I don't have the complete Handhistory.

I was playing a 0.01/0.02 game holding . It's heads-up on the flop of and there is $0.40 in the pot.

My opponent moves all-in for his last $0.10. He's rather tight so I guess he holds something decent.

Can I fold or do I have to call for the good odds?

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 05:27 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
This is a snap call. You have to put in an extra $0.10 to make a pot of $0.60 which is about 17%. You have about a 33% of making your nut flush which means in the long run, every time you make this call you make $0.10 profit.

The only problem I see with this hand is how did you manage to get into a situation where the pot is $0.40 and he only has $0.10 left. This means the guy couldn't have started the hand with much more than $0.30 so I would have been looking to get him all-in preflop if possible.

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
For me its hands down, an easy snap call. He's going to be shoving that last 10 cents regardless of the flop or anything you do. Add to that you have the nut flush draw.

Hope this helps.

'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 12:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
Saaaaaaaanap call!! 2:1 minimum (ur A may be good too) to hit by the river calling 1/5th the pot.

May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Last edited by mtnestegg; Wed Nov 07, 2012 at 12:42 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com