Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Congrats, Lloyd!

Old
Congrats, Lloyd! - Mon Nov 18, 2002, 12:47 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Congratulations to Lloyd for his first multi-table win tonight! Though I finished 2 steps away from my first win (soon, soon), no sour grapes here - great game!

Dan
"Windlord"

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2002, 02:59 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Windlord, the way you play,it will be soon, and one of many to come

CLAY

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2002, 09:54 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Wow, I'm not sure what to say, except thanks, Clay, and I hope you're right!

This is an amazing place! I find myself in the company of giants, upon whose shoulders I hope one day to stand.

(not being obsequious, just calling 'em as I see 'em)

Dan
"Windlord"

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2002, 01:30 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Thanks, Windlord. At 117 consecutive non-wins I left Joe DiMaggio in the dust a long time ago and wasn't relishing catching up to Cal Ripken.

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2002, 02:23 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Remember, Lloyd, that the best player at this site could easily go 117 games without winning, and a vastly inferior player could win loads of tournaments in the same number of events. That's tournament poker.

Old
Mon Nov 18, 2002, 03:24 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
Remember, Lloyd, that the best player at this site could easily go 117 games without winning, and a vastly inferior player could win loads of tournaments in the same number of events. That's tournament poker.
I did some calculations.
50-player tournaments
Play 117 tournaments
Good player wins 1 out of 33 on average
Average player wins 1 out of 50 on average
Bad player wins 1 out of 67 on average

3% of the time a good player wins 0
9% of the time an average player wins 0
10% of the time a bad player wins at least 4

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com