Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

All-Star Showdown **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION**

Old
All-Star Showdown **OFFICIAL DISCUSSION** - Thu Oct 25, 2012, 11:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010

The All-Star Showdown is coming!

Attention poker superstars, high-stakes grinders and rail birds of the world! We’re getting ready to host the first annual All-Star Showdown, featuring eight of poker’s biggest stars, each putting $100,000 of their own money on the line for the chance to be called the best No-Limit Hold’em Heads-Up player in the world.

Over one week, they’ll do battle on the heads-up tables until just one remains. Their prize? More than $500,000 and the first-ever All-Star Showdown trophy.

Matches will take place online from October 27-November 4, with seeding determined by a random draw prior to the first match and players progressing through a single-elimination bracket.

The world’s foremost heads-up experts are expected to register for the All-Star Showdown, with the newest member of Team Online, Isaac ‘Ike Haxton’ Haxton, already signed-up and ready to go. Don’t miss it!

Watch the All-Star Showdown

We’ll publish a full list of those involved before the tournament begins.

Review the match schedule below to make sure you catch all of the action online at PokerStars. You don’t even need to have a PokerStars account to watch. As each match finishes, the PokerStars Blog will post the results, player reactions and the most interesting hands right here, so check back often!
All-Star Showdown: The Results

Keep up-to-date with the results from every All-Star Showdown bout with help from the PokerStars Blog and the results table below.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Each of the links posted here just take you to the PokerStars.eu homepage. Not really helpful if you want to get some information on the promotion.

Edit: The second blog link takes you to the blog which shows you info on the promo but the other links are not really useful at all.

Edit: the "All Star Showdown" link in the blog page also just takes you to the main home page as well.

It might be an idea to test these things before publishing them

Cheers,

TC

Last edited by topthecat; Thu Oct 25, 2012 at 02:56 PM..

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 03:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
Each of the links posted here just take you to the PokerStars.eu homepage. Not really helpful if you want to get some information on the promotion.

Edit: The second blog link takes you to the blog which shows you info on the promo but the other links are not really useful at all.

Edit: the "All Star Showdown" link in the blog page also just takes you to the main home page as well.

It might be an idea to test these things before publishing them

Cheers,

TC
All of the links work fine for me tony, if they don't work for you and you want more information about the promotion support@pokerstars.com should be able to send you something.

Sorry they don't work for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 04:03 PM
(#4)
Well I would hardly say they were not working if they were paul would I?

Although I recall a similar conversation with someone else

I would take a wild guess and say that the issue is because I am in Germany and that I am being redirected to the PokerStars.eu site main page in German from both the PSO site and the PokerStars blog which is in English. Also when I change the language setting in the blog to German I am redirected to the Pokerstars.eu main page in German.

I think I have provided enough info here that someone in the moderator team should report it to PokerStars support. Emailing Pokerstars support with these issues should be your responsibility not mine.

Thanks,

TC

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 04:14 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
The draws just taking place right now

Saturday's match:
Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky vs Tobias KTPOKP Kuder

Sunday's match:
Alexander "Kanu7" Millar vs Ike Haxton

More to follow as they come in.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Tuesday's match:
Alexander "Sussie Smith" Roumeliotis vs Daniel "w00ki3z." Cates

Wednesday's match:
Phil MrSweets28 Galfond vs Ben Ben86 Tollerene

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
I would take a wild guess and say that the issue is because I am in Germany and that I am being redirected to the PokerStars.eu site main page
TC
Hi Tony,

I've ask Support about this and your wild guess is good.

Try this LINK and see if it works for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:54 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
The first Quarter Final has ended, check out the result and full report HERE

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 06:31 AM
(#9)
Hey Paul,

The new links work. Thanks for all your help; much appreciated.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Haxton takes out 'Kanu7'!

Full report HERE

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 06:22 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
It's all over and we have a champion!

'Although Cates and Sulsky were evenly matched in skill, Cates got the best of it tonight in terms of luck. After two hours of play, Cates jumped out to a $200,000 lead and never let it go, becoming PokerStars' first All-Star Showdown champion'.

Full report HERE

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com