Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Can this ever be dropped?

Old
Can this ever be dropped? - Thu Oct 25, 2012, 03:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011

Had a terrible session, lost 1.5 stacks, and this is the big one, lost me pretty much an entire stack.

I had previously seen this player get in a raising war and jam all in on the flop with top pair good kicker (KQ on QT4rainbow) and lose to AK, and although it's kinda irrevelant he did something very similar in after this hand and lost again.

So my thinking is the only hand that beats me is KJ, and all aces, all Queens, and any two pair is without fail getting it all in.

So is this therefore a winning play/call in the long run? I need something to console me, bad luck always comes in blocks! And is it normal to lose 1.5 stacks at these stakes?

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Jamei,

Given the villain's propensity to seriously overplay/spew 1 pair hands that you've observed, I would say it's not only a winning play to take your set of tens to showdown, it's hugely so. And also given these tendencies I think it's much better to reraise the turn all in right there. He could have picked up just a Q, a pair+draw or a combo type draw like AsJs and he's never folding any of those. A player who only raises with monsters it's more marginal to 3b the turn all in but against this guy, like you said we beat everything but KJ (and J8) on the turn (he never has QQ since he didn't 3b preflop), and he's raising/getting it in with many worse hands. And we have outs against the straights to boot.

It's very normal to have swings in a session of well more than 1.5 stacks, even at 2nl. Just unlucky in this hand.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com