Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Folding AQ

Old
Folding AQ - Thu Oct 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2011

At a loss for this one, I hit one of my cards but it suddenly feels terrible, he bets quite big, and could have a King, but also there's a draw for any T, Ace, a flush draw, and my check represents weakness.

But I'm out of position, and have no idea where I am, so I fold. My thinking is he bets again on the river and there's very little I can call happily, so is folding right?

Old
Thu Oct 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Jamei,

You might take one more shot on the turn here, bet and fold to a raise. It gets him off of the more marginal stuff and basically prevents you from being bluffed, and he'll call with worse hands like QT and JT since he turned a draw. As played, I think folding to this big a turn bet is fine.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 02:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
Thanks for the replies, extremely helpful as always!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com