Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bank roll builder

Old
Bank roll builder - Fri Oct 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
What should I do to get the promotion?, I already finished the first guiz before making a thread in the forum.

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnarkKatt View Post
What should I do to get the promotion?, I already finished the first guiz before making a thread in the forum.
Hi KnarkKatt,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 26, 2012, 12:57 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi KnarkKatt,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
problem hand - Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:29 AM
(#4)

Everyone's playing extremely loose, almost impossible to bluff,
still this time everbody folded when I bet on the flop. Perhaps my bet was to small? or perhaps I could have checked, even though it was 2 to a flush on the flop?

Last edited by KnarkKatt; Sat Oct 27, 2012 at 06:32 AM..

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Everyone's playing extremely loose, almost impossible to bluff,
still this time everbody folded when I bet on the flop. Perhaps my bet was to small? or perhaps I could have checked, even though it was 2 to a flush on the flop?
Hi KnarkKatt,

Thanks for posting! I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review this for you and offer some feedback.

Once he has done this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 09:39 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Knark,

Your preflop raise is not necessary and way overplaying the strength of your hand... despite the fact that they are super loose in play money games (as evidenced by the limp/calling lol) AJo still isn't that great. Post flop bet is fine, bet sizing shouldn't really matter to this crowd. Unfortunately sometimes no one has anything. But definite the key to beating loose players is to value bet them to death with your strong hands, so don't check spots like this, just bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi KnarkKatt,

Now please attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know after you have attended this session and we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
(#8)
I did attend to the session today.

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:39 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I did attend to the session today.
Hi KnarkKatt,

Thanks for that and I can confirm you did indeed the session with André 'HoRRoR77'

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 06:39 AM
(#10)
Yes I finished the guiz

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 05:58 AM
(#11)
Haven't got any money, when do I get it?

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 06:43 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Yes I finished the guiz
Hi KnarkKatt,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
aJ - Wed Oct 31, 2012, 09:17 AM
(#13)
The hand I got problem with is AJ. Here is two examples while playing cashgame NLHE 0.01/0.02 (Its almost the same hand) One wich I lost and one wich i won. The problem is ak and aq bust aj, while aj busts a10-a2.

And also I was playing kind a loose trying to make my opponents play against me with weaker hands. Overall everbody was playing kinda tight, unless you were speeding up raising 5 hands in a row preflop.

Last edited by KnarkKatt; Wed Oct 31, 2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:18 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi KnarkKatt,

Thanks for posting and I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to review this for you.

In the meantime please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session.

After you have done this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 01:42 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi KnarkKatt,

In the first hand, raise more preflop to isolate on the limper, a min-raise just bloats the pot and doesn't discourage the blinds from coming along (nor will the limper ever fold). Post flop is fine, I think you can go for 3 streets of value against a short stacking fishy player, especially with a loose image, sometimes we're beat but he'll be paying off his whole short stack with worse aces too.

In the second hand, again don't min-raise, just check your option and take a free flop with a hand strength that will then be a bit disguised, or make a real raise to punish the limpers... .10c-.12c here. By min-raising, you're sort of punishing yourself in a way, forcing yourself to play a 3 handed bloated pot out of position since neither will fold to the min-raise. I would not continuation bet this flop in a 3 way pot, it's a wet coordinated board that hits a fair bit of both their ranges. Once you make the ace on the turn the rest is ok.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 02:52 PM
(#16)
okej thanks for the tips!

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 05:48 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
okej thanks for the tips!
Hi KnarkKatt

Now please attend an 'Entering a Cash Game Pot' live training session. You'll find these sessions daily in the Live Training section.

It's important that you do this so we can move you on in the promotion.

Let me know you have done this and we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#18)
I cant find any live training session named entering a cash game pot, is it the same as cash basics or the daily game?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 11:06 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I cant find any live training session named entering a cash game pot, is it the same as cash basics or the daily game?
Hi KnarkKatt,

My sincere apologies, this class is now called 'Cash Basics' and this is the one you need to attend.

Sorry about the confusion, it was my fault

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 02:09 PM
(#20)
okej I attended the cash basic today!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com