Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Oct 26, 2012, 08:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Can I receive my bankroll?

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 06:55 AM
(#2)
I have completed the cash game quiz.

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylon9 View Post
I have completed the cash game quiz.
Hi Zylon9,

No need to do anything until instructed to do so.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Can I receive my bankroll?
Hi Zylon9,
You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
(#5)
I have attended the live trainig session

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 05:40 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have attended the live trainig session
Hi Zylon9,

I can confirm you did indeed attend this morning's Live Training session with Andy 'ahar010'

Next up please play some play money full ring only tables on Poker Stars and using the Hand Replayer post here a hand that left you making a difficult decision or one that you were unsure of.

Once you do this we will continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 06:14 AM
(#7)

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 06:27 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Zylon9,

Thanks for posting, I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to offer some feedback on this hand.

Once he does this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Zylon9!

With QJ from the SB, I'm either going to raise or fold this hand preflop. The reason is due to being out of position and having to act first on every street, as I won't have any additional information about the opponents since they act after me. The overwhelming majority of the time, I'm going to fold QJo here, but if I did raise, I would make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so with three limpers I will raise to 60.
Calling from the SB is one of the largest mistakes that players make, as they will be giving away chips over time due to being out of position.

I flop second pair and here is a great example of why being out of position is a huge disadvantage.... I have absolutely no clue whether my hand is the best, so I have no clue as to whether I should bet (I only want to bet if I have the best hand). I would check here and when there is a bet and a raise after my check, one of these opps, if not both of them, should have an ace. This means that I'm beat and will fold. I don't want to put chips into a pot when I'm behind (unless I have the correct price to draw to a straight or flush, which is not the case here).

The turn gives me two pair and with this, if I was still in the hand, I need to make a value bet here. Checking two pair is a play that will get me no information about what the opp may have and also costs me value (by letting the opps get the correct odds to draw to beat me). If I was up against only one opp, I would make my standard value bet of 1/2 the size of the pot, however, with 3 opps in the hand, I need to bet more to be sure that they get the wrong odds to beat me, so I need to make a pot-sized bet. BUT, I don't have that many chips, so I'm going to shove the turn.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 AM
(#10)
And now?

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 06:58 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
And now?
Hi Zylon9,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first $2 and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#12)
I have passed that quiz before.

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 11:50 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Zylon9,

Ok, thanks.

We'll advise on the next step tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:45 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Excellent!

Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
(#15)
I lost my first buy-in.

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 01:01 PM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I lost my first buy-in.
Hi Zylon9,

Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:11 AM
(#17)

That was the hand were I lost everything.

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
That was the hand were I lost everything.
Hi Zylon9,

Thanks for posting. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to have a look and offer some feedback. This could take up to 24 hours.

Once he does this we can continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:57 PM
(#19)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Zylon9

You had the right idea preflop. K9o is good enough to raise from the sb in an unopened pot. However, 3x is a better size than minimum raising. Also, remember that our raise is primarily a steal raise. When I get reraised as you did, I just fold. K9o is not stong enough to continue with.

As played, you flopped a gutshot draw. However, there are two spades on the table. This is not a good spot to reraise. Check your option if you can, or fold to any bet. Reraising would be good if you had an open ended straight draw AND flush draw, for example holding KJ of spades.

In general I don't bluff at 2NL. I build the pot on my strong hands (like sets and better) and am very carefull with the rest.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 05:21 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Zylon9,

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Once you've passed the quiz post back here and we'll continue on.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com