Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Buy-In

Old
Question
Buy-In - Sat Oct 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
For example, if I play no limit holdem with blinds of $1/$2, how many buy-in I should play?

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Loh View Post
For example, if I play no limit holdem with blinds of $1/$2, how many buy-in I should play?
Are you asking specifically about Bankroll Management?

If you are then we must ask are we a recreational player or are we thinking more of a professional level.

For example, if we are a recreational player it's recommended to buy-in to a game for 100 times the big blind and have a minimum of 10 buy-ins in our Bankroll.

So as a recreational player, for $1/$2 limits, we should be sitting down at a table with $200 and have a total of $2,000 in our Bankroll.

There's a chart in the Bankroll Management section that's good to use as a guideline.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 12:23 PM
(#3)
I see, so recreational player has to play 100 big blinds. Then the serious and professional player are the same as 100 big blinds?

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 12:27 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton Loh View Post
I see, so recreational player has to play 100 big blinds. Then the serious and professional player are the same as 100 big blinds?
What you sit down with at the table is not the real concern. It's advised to sit with 100 Big Blinds so that it gives you time to get settled in and make some observations at the table.

Whether you are a beginner or more experinced this applies to both.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
(#5)
Alright. Thanks for the tip, Raiser

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com