Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Oct 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
I have completed the Basic/Core Quiz as well as the Cash Game Quiz with relative ease. How do I start playing?

Old
Sat Oct 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr01D View Post
I have completed the Basic/Core Quiz as well as the Cash Game Quiz with relative ease. How do I start playing?
Hi Tr01D,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 04:21 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Tr01D,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 05:04 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Looking Good!! I understand the Hand Replayer and have watched the Getting Started video. What is the next step??

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 06:49 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Looking Good!! I understand the Hand Replayer and have watched the Getting Started video. What is the next step??
Hi Tr01D,

Please attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session.

These sessions can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Only after you have attended this class can we move you on in the promotion.

Let me know when you have attended, thanks.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
DONE! Attended! Whats the next step??

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 05:41 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
DONE! Attended! Whats the next step??
Hi Tr01D,

Thanks for attending the 'Getting Started' session last night with 'GarethC23'

Now practice on the play money NL ring tables only and please post a hand that left you making a difficult decision using the hand replayer here in this thread.

Once you do this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Where do I find the NL Play Money tables. Looked in the PokerStars>HoldEm>Play Money tab but its blank..?

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 02:06 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar

Should I just have flat called pre-flop? Considering the hands that eventually get flipped I can't help but feel hard done by.

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 05:53 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Should I just have flat called pre-flop? Considering the hands that eventually get flipped I can't help but feel hard done by.
Hi Tr01D,

Thanks for posting this hand. I'll ask one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it and offer some advice on it. he should do this later on tonight.

Check back this time tomorrow for the next step in your Bankroll Builder journey.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 10:29 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Tr01D!

With 77 from the BB, since I do have a deep enough stack to setmine, I'm going to call preflop and hope to flop a 7. When I want to setmine, I want to have at least 15BB in my stack and the opp's stacks.
If I did raise, I need to make a pot-sized raise, which would be to 700. A raise any smaller than this will give the opps the correct odds to try and draw to beat me, which is something that I want to avoid whenever possible.
An opp now 4-bets to 700. With pocket 7's here, I'm mucking to this raise, as it should only be from an overpair or maybe AK. In a multi-way pot, 77 does not play well at all if I do not get a seven on the flop. If I was to raise, I would need to raise to 3X their bet (a standard raise).. and I don't have that many chips.

I want my raises to be consistant and NOT min raises. I use 3BB+1BB for each limper for a standard open raise.. if nobody has raised. I use between 3X the opps bet and a pot-sized raise if someone has raised (3X if nobody has called and a pot-sized raise if there are callers). Also, when I raise someone after an opening raise, it will be to at least 3X their previous bet. I do not want to raise less than this, because it will give the opps the correct odds to draw to beat me when I have the best hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 06:28 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi Tr01D,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first $2 and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Nov 04, 2012, 09:19 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Excellent! I have passed the Quiz!!

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 04:19 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Excellent! I have passed the Quiz!!
Hi Tr01D,

Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours.

Use this first buy-in to then play ONLY the 1/2 cent full ring real money tables only on PokerStars. Playing any other game format will disqualify you from being able to obtain further buy-ins through this promotion.

Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games, along with a hand that you had problems, or that cost you money, while playing with this buy-in.

Also, please attend an 'Cash Basics' live training session. This should help too.

Good luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com