Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll Builder

Old
bankroll Builder - Sun Oct 28, 2012, 02:57 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Hi

I joined PSO a few days ago and finished and passed the basic assessments quiz by over 70%. I would like to know if I am eligible for the bankroll builder promotion

Please let me know how to proceed.

Hanny

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 03:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannyug View Post
Hi
I joined PSO a few days ago and finished and passed the basic assessments quiz by over 70%. I would like to know if I am eligible for the bankroll builder promotion
Please let me know how to proceed.
Hanny
Hi hannyug,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 04:30 AM
(#3)
hi

thank you for the feedback , raiser, will wait for confirmation.

meanwhile, after reading other posts, i guess i will be posting hands here and joining live training sessions.

will be on a live training session in 30minutes so that is sorted.

what i am confused with at the moment is how to post hands here, please guide me on how to do this

cheers!

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi
thank you for the feedback , raiser, will wait for confirmation.
meanwhile, after reading other posts, i guess i will be posting hands here and joining live training sessions.
will be on a live training session in 30minutes so that is sorted.
what i am confused with at the moment is how to post hands here, please guide me on how to do this
cheers!
Hi hannyug,

Please don't do anything yet until advised by your instructor.

Jumping the gun and completing tasks before you were asked may mean you won't qualify for some of the bonuses.

Please wait for further instruction tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 01:18 AM
(#5)
Hi Raiser,

Ok, as you suggested, have not tried anything yet with the hand replayer while i wait for further instructions

hanny

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 06:26 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser,
Ok, as you suggested, have not tried anything yet with the hand replayer while i wait for further instructions
hanny
Hi hannyug,

Yes, you are eligible and welcome to the Bankroll Builder.

To get you started we'd like you to play some play money games (In the PokerStars lobby go to Hold'em > Play Money > No Limit) and using the Hand Replayer please post a hand that you have found difficult here in this thread.

Doing this will ensure that you know how to use the hand replayer tool and if you've any questions on it just ask us.

Also please attend the 'Getting Started at PokerStars' live training session. You'll find this session daily in the Live Training section.

Please post back here when you have done both these things and we'll move you on to the next stage.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 09:42 AM
(#7)
Thanks raiser

Heres a hand i played earlier, i think i got the maximum from the villains, but, could i have got more by perhaps making bigger bets on the flop, turn and river? I made the preflop raise as it was a cash play money table and not a tournament, is this also correct? Would love some feedback.

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
(#8)
Hi there,

Attended a 'Getting started' training session with andre 'horror77' today, very good session, he talks a lot and knows his stuff well!

Also, just got busted in a Pokerschool Open Skill League tourney, just wondering if i played badly, or was it just a bad beat? I think if i had flat called or raised 3bb, after flop villain would still push me all in with the same result? would love some feedback

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:22 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Hi hannyug,

Thanks for posting, I'll ask one of the hand analysers to have a look and offer some feedback.

Once he does this we can continue on from there tomorrow.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 09:30 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi hannyug!

With K2s, I'm normally going to muck this. There are still 4 opps left to act and if I'm called, I'm most likely behind and could easily be out of position too. If I was on the button and it folded to me, I'd be much more likely to play it and make a standard raise with it (3BB+1BB for each limper).

I see a 4-way flop and hit top pair with a 2nd nut flush draw. The blinds check to me and I want to make a value bet here, but I need to watch the sizing of it. If I bet too large, then I will not be getting the correct odds to draw at the flush, as if I get called, I expect it to be by a K with a better kicker.
If there were less in the pot, I'd have to bet less, but with 3 opps, I'll opt for my standard c-bet of 1/2 pot.

The turn is what should be a blank in a 3-way pot. With two callers, one of them most likely has me beat with a K and higher kicker here, so here is where a read on the opp that has position on me would come into play. If they are passive (only calls bets), then I'm going to check and hope to see the river for free. If the opp is aggressive when in position, then I'll make another 1/2 pot bet here and then check the river if I dont' improve. I'm doing this to try to use pot control, since I do have outs to a better hand, but am most likely behind at this particular moment.

The river gives me the nuts and I want to make a value bet, and size it at whatever amount I think the opp will call. Since I'd used 1/2 pot the last two bets and they called, I'm going to bet at least 1/2 pot, if not slightly more.
When the opp min-raises me, I'm absolutly going to raise them back and would size it at my standard raise size (3X their bet), however, that is more than the number of chips that I have left... so I'm shoving here and hoping for a call.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

P.S. In a league game, one thing that I do not ever want to do is to be all-in with a marginal hand that might not be the best hand after all 5 cards are on the board. The one and only concern, especially at the end of the month is to get as many league points as possible by lasting as long as possible.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#11)
hi John,

thanks for the hand analysis,, picked up a few pointers

let me know whats up next raiser, cheers

hanny

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 03:46 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hi John,
thanks for the hand analysis,, picked up a few pointers
let me know whats up next raiser, cheers
hanny
Hi hannyug,

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent fullring real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you pass the quiz, get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

If you have already passed the Poker Basic Quiz please check back this time tomorrow and we'll advise on the next step.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 03:51 AM
(#13)
Hi Raiser, good morning!

As i was new here, i didnt know which steps to take first, so, the first thing i did was to do the basic course and i passed the quiz a few days back as mentioned in my first post. So let me know what comes next

cheers!

hanny

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 05:55 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hi Raiser, good morning!
As i was new here, i didnt know which steps to take first,
Hi hannyug,

No worries, all is good

Now that you have passed the quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Do not play higher buy-ins than this until instructed to do so. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as we will credit you with another should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage. Well done on the progress so far!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 08:35 AM
(#15)
Hi Raiser!

Thank you, have received the $2 buy-in on my account.

Also, i finished ITM in last months PSO open skill league and have been credited with 50cents, which i was going to use to play in a couple of 10cent turbo mtts, and one 25cent 90man sng. Is it ok for me to do this, or am I not allowed to use this 50cents for other tables while i am still under the bankroll builder promo? please advise

cheers!

hanny

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 08:58 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Sure, just don't use the Bankroll Builder buy-in for tournaments or this may mean you won't qualify for further buy-ins.

Remember you will be asked to post any hands where you lost Bankroll Builder money with and these need to be 1/2 cent full ring cash game hands only.

After that, what you do with any additional funds is entirely up to you and we wish you luck.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#17)
Hi there,

first notable loss on 1/2 cent table. villain kept minimum raising on a wide range of hands, so i 4bet him. called his cbet on the flop and decided to fold if he bet any further, which he didnt. my questions, was my raise too high, given my read on him? and should i have called the flop bet?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:34 PM
(#18)
is this preflop call, flop call and turn laydown correct?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#19)
too chicken from me? should i be making turn bets on below hand, and a higher bet on river?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:46 PM
(#20)
i figured my shove on the turn would force both villains to fold and not try to outdraw me,, it worked,, but, did the overbet imply that i was trying to 'buy' the pot? should i have bet around 60 to 70 on the turn and let one of them improve?,, i figured that if i did this, i would be betting over half my stack, so better to shove all in?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com