Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Playing iNdiSskyS

Old
Playing iNdiSskyS - Sun Oct 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Good evening I am not sure if this s the way to go about starting here or not. I wonder if anyone could advise me on what to do next. Really, all I have done so far is Poker Basics course. Ive done quite a few quizzes too. Thank you for your help and feedback

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 08:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 08:30 PM
(#3)
Good morning. I attended the getting started live training last night. I'm not sure if there was a problem with my internet or not. Only one person asked a question. I didn't ask anything because it was pretty basic stuff, as the name says.

Old
Getting started - Tue Nov 06, 2012, 12:54 AM
(#4)
Hi there, OK..Ive completed the getting started training session. actually I did it twice

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 10:31 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

You now need to go play on the play money tables and then post a hand that you had problems with using the hand replayer. Once you have done that and one of the hand analyzers have gone thru the hand with you, we'll move to the next step.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 09:30 PM
(#6)
Thank you. I will do that.

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 07:43 AM
(#7)
I'm not sure if I did this correctly as far as copying it...

The hand though..3 questions
Should i have even posted blinds here?
Should I have bet or not if I posted?
If I had bet which amount would have been good?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:23 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

This looks to me like it's a torunament hand and not from a cash table. You may want to look at playing some full ring play money tables, as they will play differently and have a different strategy than in a tournament. The reason that I say this is that when you earn a buy-in, the 1/2 cent full ring tables will be the ONLY ones that are to be played with it. Playing any other style of table or game will disqualify you from earning further buy-ins, in this promotion.

With 77 on the first hand of a tournament, unless I know the others at the table, I'm just going to muck here to start with. 77 is a hand where I want to see a cheap flop and hope to hit a set... and on the first hand, I normally don't have any idea if someone else at the table will put in a large raise or shove. If they do, I cannot call with a marginal hand like 77, so I'd be losing my inital bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:24 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz and reply here, your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:51 AM
(#10)
hey, thanx. Im sorry about the hand being from a tourney.
i couldn't seem to figure out why the hands i request only showed tourney hands. The test or quiz...I have passed it. Maybe I did some things in the wrong order
Im not very tech savvy.

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:57 AM
(#11)
So, it would have been good to just post the blind...
My problem is discipline....and focus a times. I will do something I know isn't the right move. When I straighten out i do much better.
I couldn't get the hand history for the play money table. i'm sure its a setting or something?
Thank you for your insight and time

Old
Fri Nov 09, 2012, 04:31 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Waiting - Sat Nov 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
(#13)
Good morning,
Ive finished bet sizing live training with horror
I'm still waiting for Pokerstars to validate my ID. So I haven't been able to get onto the 1 2 tables

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
(#14)
It's been over a week since I sent in my credentials to validate my ID. I'm losing steam...getting discouraged.

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
(#15)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

We'll look into it on our end. Thanks for letting us know that was cleared up, as since it's personal information, the only way we can find out is from you.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
(#16)
No worries John...Probably because i have usa passport and lived in china 7 years..Utility and rent is all in chinese.
Im sure they are working on it. Patience is good for me.
Just didnt want anyone to think Ive given up.

Old
Open skill - Sat Nov 17, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#17)
Well,
I placed 36th.
Was hoping for first but that's the tourney scene.
Still no validation of my ID.
I'll be the only one building his Roll one penny at a time I guess.
GO INDI GO GO GO!!!!!!!!

Old
Thumbs up
id validated - Fri Nov 30, 2012, 09:49 AM
(#18)
well, I got the 2 dollar bankroll builder.
Im currently on the 1/2 cent tables.
What's the next step?
Ive completed bet sizing training as well

Old
Fri Nov 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
(#19)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi indisskys131!

Please play the 1/2 cent FULL RING tables with the buy-in and post any hands that you have problems with or where you lose the buy-in.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 03, 2012, 02:03 AM
(#20)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=CC0586F7EC

I didn't really have a problem with this hand. I'm just wondering if it was worth the risk or not...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com