Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Oct 28, 2012, 12:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
hello , i was wondering if i qualify for this promotion , i did not make a deposit but i did happen to click the basic quiz a few times before seeing this promo , but i did not pass the quiz yet somehow i had trouble understanding some questions so i failed it , do i still qualify ?

Old
Sun Oct 28, 2012, 08:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
troublesome hand - Mon Oct 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
(#3)

i know i sould not of played this hand to begin with but the table was very loose so i risked it and lost

i will be attending the live session at 14:00 ET

Old
attending live sessions - Mon Oct 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
(#4)
finish the first live session will be attending the next few by horror

Old
better hand replay - Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:36 PM
(#5)
sorry for posting again but looking back at the last hand i posted i feel its not the kind of hand i sould be posting so i am posting an other one

those are the kinds of hands i got the most problems with i got good draw possibilitys but some player goes all in

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

When a table is playing very loose, then I want to be even tighter than normal. I want to be playing the opposite of what the others are, so that I can take full advantage of their playing style.

With K4o, I'm going to check this from the BB. It's not a good hand and I do not want to give any of my chips away.

The flop is a total miss, so I'm going to check (and fold to any bet by an opp).

The opps all check and I get a K on the turn. With everyone checking the flop, I'm going to bet the turn here and size my bet at 1/2 pot (7 chips). This will hopefully get me some information about the opps hands and also get some of them to fold.
I don't want to check and call here, as since I'm out of position, I want to have the lead in the hand. Playing passively by check/calling here is going to cost me chips in the long run due to being out of position.

The river doesn't help me and since the best that I can hope for is to have someone else only have a K so that I can split the pot, I'm going to check the river. One opp bets and another raises. If the bet was a small one that was not raised, I may be tempted to call and hope for a split. When someone raises, a K is almost always not going to be the best hand here, so I'm going to muck to the bet and raise.

The key here is to not get involved in marginal hands. These will cost me chips on average in the long run.. which is something that I want to avoid.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:39 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 02:51 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi again!

With AJs from the BB, I can either see the flop for free or I can raise to try and lower the number of opps in the hand. I will size my raise at a std raise (3BB+1BB for each limper). In this case, there are 6 limpers, so I need to raise to 9BB or 18 chips. The standard raises help to conceal the strength of my hand and also to help give the opps the wrong odds to draw to beat me.

I flop the nut flush draw with 1 overcard and an opp now shoves into me. To call this bet, I need to put 179 chips into a pot that will be 414 (43.2). If the opp has a Q, then I have 9 outs to my heart flush and possibly 3 more to an ace... but these would be compromised if the opp has AQ, so I'll use 9 outs to see if I should call. Since the opp is all-in, I will be guaranteed to see both cards. This gives each of my outs 4% equity (2% per street and I'm guaranteed to see both streets). Due to this, my hand has approximately 36% hand equity.
The pot equity, 43.2%, is higher than my hand equity, 36%, so this makes the correct play here a fold.
I want to be sure that my hand equity is higher than the pot equity... which means that it would be a +EV play (one I expect to gain chips from on average). When the pot equity is higher than my hand equity, I expect to LOSE chips on average each and every time that I'd call.

If I was to stay in the hand, I absolutely like seeing the overshove to try and isolate the initial player that went all-in. If I was going to stay in the hand, I'd be making the same isolation play, as my hand plays much better against one opponent than many opponents.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
(#9)
thanks for all the feedback its much appreciated , looking forward to playing those 0,02 ring games but i did not get my 2$ buy in yet and i did pass that quiz more then 30+ hours ago

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:29 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

Please tell us in this thread when you complete the tasks, that way we can check on it for you. I'll make sure that you receive this buy-in.

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 12:44 PM
(#11)
thank you , i just got the buyin , sorry if i did not post that i had done the quiz , one of your last msg's said to post back when i got my buyin and started playing so i figured i would wait :P

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 02:06 PM
(#12)

lost my 2$ buyin mostly on this hand , seems to me i played it allright but got unlucky , feedback is welcomed

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:32 AM
(#13)
(Head Trainer)
Hi sub,

No reason to be involved in this hand tbh. Preflop calling from the SB with T5s is not going to be profitable long term, I wouldn't be doing this generally unless you play well post flop, have reads, and know you're opponents are very prone to spewing post flop.

On the flop though is really your opportunity to get away from this spot. There was a bet and raise on an ace high, 2 suit board, and you have middle pair without the flush draw, so it's time to fold as your hand is virtually never good here (often up against 2 aces, an ace and a flush draw, or a bigger hand like aces up or a set).

Definitely unlucky to hit 2 pair on the turn with a card that also made an opponent 2 pair, but ultimately your loss here should have probably been .01c with a check/fold on the flop, if not folding preflop.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
(#14)
thanks for the feedback, here is an other hand think i played it correctly and just got very unlucky

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
(#15)
just wondering , i made a deposit , it was in my understanding that that and reaching 10 vpp's would unlock the rest of the buyin's was i wrong ?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 10:01 PM
(#16)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

After earning the 2nd buy-in, depositing will unlock the two additional bonuses. Also, earning 10vpp's with a single buy-in will unlock the next one.

Now it's time to study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Also, attend the 'Cash Basics' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Once you've passed the quiz and attended the live training session, please post back here and we'll continue on, as this will earn you the second buy-in.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 06:53 PM
(#17)
i attended the live training cash basic session and have had the cash test done .

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 08:17 PM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

Congrats on passing the course. The next buy-in will be credited to your account within the next 24 hours. Remember to use the information learned in the course and training sessions when you use this buy-in to play the 1/2 cent full ring tables ONLY.
Playing any other type of format will prevent you from being able to receive any additional buy-ins from this promotion.

Good luck at the tables and please let us know what happens while playing, especially if there are any hands that you have problems with or lose the buy-in with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:31 PM
(#19)
ok thank you i got the buy-ins , what do you mean by only play 2cent ring tables to get further buyin's i allready got 4 buyins now totaling 8$ was there more ?

Old
Wed Nov 07, 2012, 10:40 PM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi SubSpace79!

The maximum number of buy-ins that a member can earn thru this promotion is four. I thought you had only earned two, but do now show that you have earned all four Congrats on completing the bankroll builder promotion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com