Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Worst night of poker i've had all year

Old
Worst night of poker i've had all year - Sun Oct 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011
this really was not a good time for this, had a busy week so haven't really had a chance to play much poker but i thought tonight ( being sunday) i would sit down and grind the tables.

I had the $11 from the team challenge to use so the first thing i did was went to use it on my iphone (where i registered for the tournament) and ended up accidentally buying in for cash i then used the ticket aswell so i had the bigger $11 and another $11 tournament on the side, had a nice run in one of them but didnt manage to make a cash, that put me $11 down from the off.

I then thought ill try playing some sit n gos, so i started up some $1 45 and 90 mans, managed to get a decent stack in 3 or 4 of the tournaments and made the final couple tables, and bubbled basically every one due to bad beats/coolers :/

I then thought id try some cash, so i started up a zoom session thinking "lets make some of this money back" #big mistake
It was literally the worst ive ever run in a session in my life, i was sitting there just getting crushed by every bad beat imaginable, it was insane! and it was all topped off with a nice all in with 10s against some idiot with 10 9 off and he rivered the straight. Its really got me doubting my game and i dont really know where to go from here :/

oh well, tomorrows a new day, time for bed, night all

Old
Mon Oct 29, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Hey ads, had a busy week, busy normally means stressfull.

Sounds like one of my great days, sometimes we are better, just to give it a miss, stars will still be there the next day.

Chasing loses can easily become a tilt.....

Sounds like there was no planning to your session, like you jumped from one to the next, letting each beat or cooler put you down in the dumps, getting more frustrated as the night went on.

15-30 min break between each game I would advise, regrouping your thoughts and confidence back up.

ITS sometimes not about the cards, but in deed about our own personality on the night....meaning the frame of mind.

I agree sometimes we do everthing right, but still lose and feel the blows.

The minority are winners, and the majority are losers, so in fairness it is safe to say we lose more than we win so that should be the expected....but the ones that we do win, should be the ones that count.

It just takes one win, one time lady luck shines down on you, and a person could win a life changing amount of money.

I win when i dont think about the money, when i play just to prove whos best, if i can put it that way, having fun along the way.

Im not sure if my garbage will have any meaning to you, im not sure if you will read this far lol, but hopefully this will calm your thoughts.

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
(#3)
thanks for all your feedback buddy, im calm now haha :P

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 02:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
shoot...can I have some of the stuff that calmed you down Ads?
We need LOTS

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 09:44 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
shoot...can I have some of the stuff that calmed you down Ads?
We need LOTS
get a punchbag, or morphine or both lol nah just a general break for a couple days, back to winning ways

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey ads, one of those days, eh? It can only go up from here

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com