Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Buider

Old
Bankroll Buider - Mon Oct 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
BronzeStar
hello,
Am I in the right place to ask if I qualify for Bankroll Builder Promotion,not very computer wise,....Is this what is called a thread??
I have not yet made a deposit,but fully completed your course of which I gained lots of knwledge,But if I read right Bankroll Builder scheme could help me more,more is good, and I believe Iv done everything back to front Thankyou R00M101

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:31 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R00M101 View Post
hello,
Am I in the right place to ask if I qualify for Bankroll Builder Promotion,not very computer wise,....Is this what is called a thread??
Hi R00M101,

Yes, that's perfect, you have now started your very own Bankroll Builder thread!

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 08:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder Deposit - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 03:02 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
Thankyou for your reply,not sure what Iv been doing,iv been all around houses to get here,its a pleasure to be part of this learning experience,Should I make a deposit now.
Many thanks R00M101

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

No. You need to attend the live training session listed in my post, then you need to play some play money ring game hands and then use the hand replayer to post one of them that you had trouble with.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll builder hand - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 06:37 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar

Hope this has worked, very tricky for none computer whizz.
thought id try it with this hand,probably not very interesting,but this sort of thing happens to me all the time.
Should I have called?.
.Signed in to Live Getting started for tommorrow,going back to tables now for another beating R00M101

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

The first thing that you might want to do is to play the full ring tables, as these will be the only tables that you can play with the cash buy-ins... or you will be ineligible for the rest of them, once you receive one.

With KJ on the button, I want to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. In this case, there are 2 limpers, so I will raise to 10. When someone makes a min-raise, there are enough chips in the pot that I have the correct odds to call and see the flop. However, when there is then a shove and a call, I need to muck, as I now do not have the correct odds to call. Playing at a 6-max table, this is much more likely to happen, as the opponents will normally be playing looser and make plays like this much more often.

One thing that we do not want to be is results oriented. Poker is about making the best decision at a given point in time, based on all of the information available to us. Once a hand is folded, the result of the hand is something that we do not want to worry about.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
Thanks again for feedback,I sent that hand for two reasons,one to find out I did the right thing and two to test the hand player thingy out,a little tricky but got there in the end. Full ring from now on then off to find some more tricky spots TY R00M101.

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 10:05 AM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of passing it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:08 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
I completed live training session with a couple of others, as they were all in a row and passed the basics quiz,am I a qualified pro yet?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:29 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

When you've done all this we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Thu Nov 01, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
Not wanting to move on too quickly, until im completely sure of what I am doing at this early stage.But the bet sizing live training I attended straight after "Getting Started", thought it made sense to.Many Thanks R00M101

Old
Bankroll Builder - Fri Nov 02, 2012, 09:19 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
Recieved Email and first $2 in bank,is it all go go go now and win a million and off to the Costa Del Sol?. R00M101

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 07:30 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar

Hi JWK24,
My first troubled cash hand,my thought process was raise the blinds get a quick fold.Failed, when the flop dropped i had this thought, I needed 5 for straight and my instant thought was he had a pair of them if I had of called and got my staight he"d be on his boat while I was pushing my wheel home.should I of called his splash.

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 07:47 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar

Here again same thought, raise, steal blinds,failed,on the flop I made a c/bet to represent my AA, as you do, also failed, but easy fold if I would of been reraised obviously but an easy ride to the river, and I bet he wished he had reraised me.

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 03, 2012, 07:58 AM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Hi JWK24,
Getting a bit worried not had any feedback,completed two live training sessions,Getting Started and Bet Sizing,received first $2 bankroll and played 100+ hands on cash table,and posted two hands,not sure what to do next R00M101.

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 10:12 AM
(#17)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

We try to get feedback to everyone within 24 hours. You will get a reply from one of the hand analyzers on your hands today, as they were posted last night.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 10:48 AM
(#18)
(Head Trainer)
Hi Room,

I think folding A4 to his jam is fine, he's often going to have us in bad shape. The more important question to examine is do we have a good steal situation here? Are the blinds tight or loose? How do they play post flop? I would probably raise an ace on the button here too but these are the kinds of things we have to think about before getting involved.

In the 44 hand, preflop raise is great, flop c-bet is perfect, we can get a lot of hands that are beating us (pocket pairs 55-JJ mainly) or have good equity (KJ, KT, JT) to fold here. Shutting down on the turn once we've been called is also good I think. The river definitely like raising, but I think you're leaving some value on the table only min-raising. He's potting it which makes it a bit more likely he has better than just the ace... AQ or A9 specifically are calling off to a much bigger raise. Even a shove isn't unreasonable here but certainly can go to at least $1. Over all, nicely played.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sat Nov 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Hi TheLangolier,
You have spotted one of my weaknesses,I find it difficult to take notes on how people play,I watch them,even when Im not playing, Ill open up a table and observe,to see if I can spot the loose and tighter players,to me, they are playing the game to what they may have in their hand.A fish, what is a fish? If Im a fish how do I stop being a fish?.But watching the replays and reading the feedback makes perfect sense,I will have to learn to take notes and be more observant of how much I value my hand. Thankyou R00M101.

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 02:14 PM
(#20)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi R00M101!

Please let us know each day whether you are still playing with the buy-in or have lost it.

Good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com