Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Greetings

Old
Greetings - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 01:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
Ive enrolled into pokerschoolonline forum and completed all the "play$ quizzes ,(I think).Ive watch the live tutorial as well and Im just wondering what the next step is?
thanks for your time.

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stanleycup0 View Post
Ive enrolled into pokerschoolonline forum and completed all the "play$ quizzes ,(I think).Ive watch the live tutorial as well and Im just wondering what the next step is?
thanks for your time.
Hi 0stanleycup0,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion.

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschooline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 0stanleycup0,

You are eligible for the Bank Roll Builder promo!

The next thing that you will need to do is to attend one of the 'Getting Started With Pokerstars' live training sessions. Please let me know after you have attended this session.

Also, you can be practicing on the play money NL ring tables and please post a hand that you were not sure about, using the hand replayer. Here's a short video on how to use the Hand Replayer

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
getteing stared session complete - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 07:15 PM
(#4)
I completed the "getting started with pokers star" live session earlier w ith Chewmn1 (chris) .Quite a good session i might add .I will be adding a previous hand thread here shortly as well .....Thanks for everything

Old
i got beat up 4 slow playing - Wed Oct 31, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#5)

Im guessing that slowplaying my hand here was indeed the wrong play...Given that the board was condusive to all types of draws?
Im slowly figuring this out ....thankfully with playmoney atm.
Did i have any other coarse of action here?

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 0stanleycup0!

With AT on the button, I'm going to make a standard raise, which for me is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 250.

The flop gives me two pair, but also has a possible made straight, multiple straight draws and also a flush draw. Due to this, when the opps check to me, I'm going to make a value bet. The key to this bet will be the bet size. I want to get value for my hand, but I also want to bet enough so that if either or both of the opps call, they are making a -EV call (a call in which they expect to lose chips on average). With two opps and a possible combo draw available (straight and flush), I will make a pot-sized bet of 825 here. Any smaller bet or a check will give the opps the correct price to draw to beat me, which is something that I do not want to have happen. I only want to give a free card IF there are no cards in the deck that can beat me. Here, there are multiple cards that can beat me.

The turn completes the straight to any Q (which is well within both opponent's ranges). The second opp now bets 450 and I need to see if calling makes sense. This is most likely going to be from a Q, so I will need to improve to win the hand. It will cost me 450 chips into a pot that will be 1725 (26.1%). With two pair, I have 4 outs to improve (two aces and two 10's). With 4 outs, my hand equity to see the river is 2% per out, so my hand is worth 8%.
Since the pot equity (26.1%) is higher than my hand equity (8%), this is a very negative play for me to call here, so I will muck my two pair. On average, I expect to lose 18.1% of my chips, each and every time I call here and I do not want to make a play where I expect to lose chips. I want to be making plays where I expect to gain chips (where my hand equity is higher than the pot equity).

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
(#7)
Thanks for the analysis ,,Im still working on equity formulas,Trying to get them engrained into my brain .....Giving a free card on the turn ,wspecially with such a wet flop is something i KNOW ,but when im in the game I sometimes throw common sense out the window for no appearant reason .
thanks again

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:13 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 0stanleycup0!

Now we want to get you playing on the real money tables. Next up, and spend some time on this one , study the Poker Basic Course and take the basic assessment quiz at the end of that course.

Once you have passed this quiz your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours of when you let us know that you have passed it. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables only on PokerStars. Post back here when you get your first buy-in and start playing these games and we'll continue on from there.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Quiz Passed - Thu Nov 01, 2012, 07:52 PM
(#9)
Basic poker quiz is passed ....same as cash game poker quiz ....

thanks

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 08:34 PM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi 0stanleycup0!

Congrats on passing the quiz. Your first buy-in will be credited into your account within 24 hours. Remember you can earn up to a total of $8 with this promotion.

Use this first buy-in to then only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Don't worry if you lose this first buy-in as you will be able to earn another buy-in should this happen.

Use all that you have learned so far to try some real money games (1/2 cent tables). Post any hands that you have difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyse them for you.

Also, please attend the 'Bet Sizing' live training session. This session can be found daily in the Live Training section.

Please let me know when you receive the buy-in and attend the training session and we will move you onto the next stage.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 09:17 PM
(#11)
Real $ time ....

thanks for all ur help Team Pokerstars/ John ....looking forward to completing all the tutorials

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 10:16 PM
(#12)
Thanks John ....Im In and doind quite well so far

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com