Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

before the flop...effective stack???

Old
before the flop...effective stack??? - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 10:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
hello, I just went through Before the flop -effective stack under the cash game training ,and at the end of the tutorial ,question 4 was "in a cash game you can rebuy at any time.My answer was NO ,as you are not allowed to rebuy while involved in a hand.
I got 1 of the 4 questions wrong and im wondering if this was the one.The question was kind of vague.
also .....once the exam is over ,I believe it would be beneficial for US the students to be able to see the right answers ,This would allow us to go back through the tutorial steps and GET IT RIGHT. thanks

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stanleycup0 View Post
hello, I just went through Before the flop -effective stack under the cash game training ,and at the end of the tutorial ,question 4 was "in a cash game you can rebuy at any time.My answer was NO ,as you are not allowed to rebuy while involved in a hand.
Hi 0stanleycup0,

Thanks for your question. For this particular lesson the point that is being made is that you should not let the amount of chips you are sitting with at a cash game table drop too low.

In other words it's recommended to replenish your stack regularly to maintain 100 big blinds and avoid becoming the 'effective stack' at the table.

In cash game poker you can rebuy at any stage while you are at the table. Obviously if you are in a hand you should be concentrating on playing that hand and not worrying about rebuys until the hand is complete. So the correct answer here would be yes, I can rebuy at any stage. This would not be the case in many tournament structures of course.

Raiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stanleycup0 View Post
I got 1 of the 4 questions wrong and im wondering if this was the one.The question was kind of vague.
also .....once the exam is over ,I believe it would be beneficial for US the students to be able to see the right answers ,This would allow us to go back through the tutorial steps and GET IT RIGHT. thanks
Unfortunately we do not supply the answers to the quizzes here at the school. The reason being is that we want to encourage members to spend the time studying the content of the course work here. This is the best way to ensure a member fully benefits and learns from the content on offer here.

Often some members have additional questions about the quizzes here and, as you quite rightly did, post these questions in the Forum. We are more than happy to help you out in the Forum with any questions you have and invite other members to add to the discussion with their own thoughts and comments.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
PSO Quizzes - Tue Oct 30, 2012, 12:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Unfortunately we do not supply the answers to the quizzes here at the school. The reason being is that we want to encourage members to spend the time studying the content of the course work here. This is the best way to ensure a member fully benefits and learns from the content on offer here.

Often some members have additional questions about the quizzes here and, as you quite rightly did, post these questions in the Forum. We are more than happy to help you out in the Forum with any questions you have and invite other members to add to the discussion with their own thoughts and comments.

Raiser
Hi Raiser,

Thanks for your explanation and I do understand the thought process here. However, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe people who have passed a quiz can no longer retake the same quiz. I (as I suspect with many others) have passed my quizzes but with less than perfect marks on some of them. This does not give me opportunity to see which questions I got wrong let alone correct them. The only thing a member can do at this point is go over the material again. After taking most of the quizzes, it's difficult to remember all of the questions. Perhaps there will be opportunity in the future to retake quizzes that have wrong answers regardless of whether you've passed them? Just a thought...

Thanks!
iggyo

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
Thanks Raiser, much appreciated.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com