SB ($1.87)
Button ($2.03)
UTG ($0.97)
UTG+1 ($0.62)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
4 folds, CO bets $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises $0.18, CO calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.41) 9, A, A (2 players)
Hero bets $0.20, CO raises $0.40, Hero folds
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opponent 's stats : vpip/pfr/AF = 17/9/2 , over 23 hands, generally unknown...

Preflop: If he had 4bet (all in), would it be ok to call? It all depends on how opponents play and what information we have from previous plays, right?

Post flop: Do you think cbet is fine at this board? For some reason i don 't like it. All better hands will of course continue (maybe even KK ). But if i check i will show weakness and he will bet most of the time...

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 03:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

First of all the preflop question, yes I'm cool stacking off QQ here against a non-full stacked player. Although I think his 4b range is basically all value hands, he can have enough worse. Against TT+ and AK we're a 52% favorite and if he stacks worse pairs or worse non-pairs ever it only gets better for us.

Post flop I think it's ok to check. Don't assume he's auto-betting if you check either... you 3b from out of position preflop and now check AA9, you might have JJ-KK but you also might have smashed it with AA or AK, so he may well check behind you without an ace. If he bets, your call (you're not check-folding the flop here ever) should be worrisome making it very hard for him to barrel if he doesn't have the ace. An opponent might even slow it down on the turn as strong as AQ being afraid you're slowplaying AK. So yeah I think a check-call line to induce either a loose bet, or a loose call later in the hand, works better than just c-betting out all worse hands. If the opponent wants to put a lot of money in though we probably have to give this up later in the hand as they will likely shut down without the ace.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 30, 2012, 05:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
Thank you very much.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com