Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Look Ma - I'm back on Ftilt !

Old
Look Ma - I'm back on Ftilt ! - Wed Oct 31, 2012, 10:04 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Well sorta, only play money available so far

Nice to see the right cash back in my old cashier though woot woot *Panda Dance*

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 10:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Look at the 'panda' ... back in action!!!

It feels so incredibly weird to be talking about FTP on Stars - like it's been SO ingrained in us not to talk about the competition ... I feel so guilty, even though it's okay now ... maybe others are like hesitating for the same reason?

Because there's so much to talk about!

I can't help but wonder what the tables are going to look like next week on Stars - specifically the Zoom tables - if the *exact* same thing is going to be available somewhere else. And FTP is going to have the benefit of being all 'fresh' and 'new' and stuff.

And then like, I've been reading that thread on 2+2 that says those promotions that are listed on the FTP website are current: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...-31-a-1262546/

Deal Me In Bonus

First Deposit Bonus

Quote:
From 2+2:

1. Will the Inter-site Transfer feature count towards the destination site's first time deposit bonus?

- Yes, as long as it is actually your first deposit. If you are going from FTP->PokerStars, you'll need to write to their support to activate your bonus. PokerStars->FTP will be automatic.
Rush Poker Happy Hour - Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm overwhelmed by the choices because I'd only been playing sporadically prior to Black Friday, and when I did play it was mostly the old PSO League, which they didn't seem to have at FTP? Also the kitty cat avatar kind of frightened me:

THAT's his 'happy' face?

So I never made a deposit there, and am eligible for the first deposit bonus. But I don't know what to do - like where to play. Guess maybe it'll have to depend on what the tables look like here at Stars after FTP opens?

Where's everybody else gonna play?

Old
Wed Oct 31, 2012, 10:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
I am on another site...BUT....no Pokerschool, and the rake is higher...I haven't played on it much

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 12:14 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

PS is my comfort zone - it's all I've ever really played, so the FTP offers would have to be REALLY good I think to get me to spend much time away from here

That, and I just can't get comfortable around that cat!

Hopefully more people will start playing both, now that we can transfer money between the two sites, and people (except US players) have access to their rolls again and stuff ... that could be good for both sites hopefully

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 12:56 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
BronzeStar
Hey guys, though I would add my 2 cents - I havent played at FTP myself, but I reckon when the real money re-opens the fields will be tougher, because the old regs from there may go back (well most of them) and there won't be anywhere near the same amount of fish there straight away.. But with time I'm sure it will gradually get back to normal

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 04:51 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post

Well sorta, only play money available so far

Nice to see the right cash back in my old cashier though woot woot *Panda Dance*

So...effing...envious.

I never even played that much on Tilt (freerolled up a few bucks,was waiting 'til $20 or so to start trying some SNG's...)and spent easy 95% of my poker time here but I would kill to be back on FT at this point.

Hell,even one of the (traffic sign,what you do when getting off the freeway..."***** into traffic") sites at this point would be a gift from the Poker Gods.

Man,just kill me already...

I used the penguin avatar on FT myself. Always wished there was a 5th option beyond neutral,happy,angry and confused Penguin.

Option 5Great for after taking a beat...) Penguin blows his brains out.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Thu Nov 01, 2012 at 04:53 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 12:15 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbzz View Post
Hey guys, though I would add my 2 cents - I havent played at FTP myself, but I reckon when the real money re-opens the fields will be tougher, because the old regs from there may go back (well most of them) and there won't be anywhere near the same amount of fish there straight away.. But with time I'm sure it will gradually get back to normal
Okay, that totally made it not sound so irresistible any more - I was all ready to jump in feet first and everything too ...

Okay still tempted ...

Still ...

still ...

Sigh ... probably the more prudent thing to do would be to wait like a week until the dust settles, eh? And probably in that time people will be posting all sorts of stuff on what the games are like and the pros and cons of playing here, there, or at both places?

I *guess* it wouldn't be that big a deal to wait a week to see how things go ...

PS If you don't see me playing here on the 6th, you'll know where to find me!!

JK!!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Nov 02, 2012 at 12:23 AM..

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 12:18 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
So...effing...envious.

I never even played that much on Tilt (freerolled up a few bucks,was waiting 'til $20 or so to start trying some SNG's...)and spent easy 95% of my poker time here but I would kill to be back on FT at this point.

Hell,even one of the (traffic sign,what you do when getting off the freeway..."***** into traffic") sites at this point would be a gift from the Poker Gods.

Man,just kill me already...

I used the penguin avatar on FT myself. Always wished there was a 5th option beyond neutral,happy,angry and confused Penguin.

Option 5Great for after taking a beat...) Penguin blows his brains out.

Meh, it won't be so great once the novelty wears off

Hopefully something gets going in the US soon on the legalization front

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 06:20 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I'm tingling with anticipation.

Old
Mon Nov 05, 2012, 09:35 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakehorse75 View Post
I'm tingling with anticipation.

Me too

You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Old
Tue Nov 06, 2012, 09:05 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Just a FYI to Tilt players, my nic there is SupermanXX1975 !

Old
Hey - Tue Nov 13, 2012, 09:16 AM
(#12)
Ol Mud
(Mudcreek)
Da Sens, you old creeper. Where the heck you been? I heard rumors you've been seen in bars and gambling halls from Tuscon to Tuskaloosa. Glad to see you're still on the job and holding a seat for me.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blogs/post/?id=35340

Last edited by Ol Mud; Tue Nov 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: insert blog link

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com