(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 08:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Hey Marvin,

It would actually be better to stop the hand at the flop by deleting the text from there onwards but as soon as I saw the min raise from the villain on the flop I thought fold.

Now just because I thought fold does not necessarily mean I would do it, but it is what you should do I feel. I cannot really see him re-raising with worse unless you have a read otherwise.

Cheers,

TC

Cheers

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 10:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Marvin,

I agree, I think this is a fold too. We've shown a ton of strength to this point in the hand and the opponent is making a stack committing raise anyway. And the min-raise is often a weak player tell of a big hand. To continue here we are basically hoping he's called our preflop 3b with AQ or AJ and is now getting way out of line with them. Much more likely we're looking at JJ or AK a lot, or sometimes AA that's just made up his mind to go with it post flop no matter what happens. So well played up through the flop bet, but time to let it go without reads to the contrary.

Edit: Just looked at the result, his preflop call of our 3b with KQo is horrible imo, but post flop he did have the strength level he was repping with his flop raise.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 11:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
ty guys, looking back i think this is a fold

this is the spot why im a losing player in cash games time to improve

Old
Thu Nov 01, 2012, 12:48 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi marvin

You might have noticed that I called down two hands similar to this one in the Daily Game yesterday. I would normally fold as the others suggested. I could only call last night due to very good reads on the villians, and I was still unsure.

GL!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com