Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Backing down and underestimating.

Old
Backing down and underestimating. - Fri Nov 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2012
Is something I really need to work on...

Seat 5: Guyguyson (button) showed [As 2s] and lost with a straight, Ace to Five
Seat 8: paluner1 (small blind) showed [Ad Td] and won ($7.56) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 9: Antonov148 (big blind) showed [6d 9d] and lost with a flush, Queen high

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 01:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
hi, not beleiving is a part of tilt, however not believing a bs player is ok, but not believing the none bs players is not good,

watch more on the table dynamics and whats happening, write it down on paper if you need to or make player notes and use color coding.

use green for multitablers

red for danger

orange for intermeadiate players

green for go, they are fish.

thats all you need
or pick your own colour scheme lol

Last edited by holdemace486; Fri Nov 02, 2012 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: typo

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 01:11 PM
(#3)
Just lost trip 6's to trip 7's and then 2 hands after that, trip 7's to trip 8's...
Bad beat after bad beat... really not my day.

Last edited by Guyguyson; Fri Nov 02, 2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 01:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi!

Without the chip stacks and previous actions in the hand, they may or may not be bad beats. They might be bad beats, they may also have been played incorrectly. Without all the necessary information, you can't tell.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 01:48 PM
(#5)
The straight losing to a flush was just a bad move on my part, blinded by lucking out and getting a decent hand and not seeing the obvious. the 6 set was played out to the turn on a dry board with no face cards, I hit the set on the flop and made a medium bet, one player called and the other folded, then when nothing scary came up on the turn I moved all in figuring I must be far ahead and the other player was calling with top pair.

Can't remember much about the 7's I was probably pretty annoyed and could of likely of played that hand much better.

Next time i'll make sure to save the hand replay and post it here to see what I could of done better.

Old
Fri Nov 02, 2012, 07:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2011
hi as Jw says you need to post these hands in hand analysis where they will give you a full low down on the hand.

It may not of been bad play by you, maybe was just bad luck.

Stick to your br management and shrug off the beats, dont let them bother you too much.

If you get frustrated take a break, give it 5 mins try again or just the next day.

Remember this, beats are always going to happen, theres nothing we can do about that, but the amount we lose can be limited by not been so over aggressive in pots.

Unless we have the nuts.

Over enthusiasm and over plays can be a dangerous combination.

gl hope you understand what im trying to say

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 10:09 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
hi, not beleiving is a part of tilt, however not believing a bs player is ok, but not believing the none bs players is not good,

watch more on the table dynamics and whats happening, write it down on paper if you need to or make player notes and use color coding.

use green for multitablers

red for danger

orange for intermeadiate players

green for go, they are fish.

thats all you need
or pick your own colour scheme lol

you used green twice there ace

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com