Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1 45-man SnG - 88 on the BTN, should I call shove pre

Old
$1 45-man SnG - 88 on the BTN, should I call shove pre - Sat Nov 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2012
We're down to around the last 20 and I'm CL. Villain is 11.1/8.3/3 over 36 hands. Should I be calling this shove?

Old
Sat Nov 03, 2012, 08:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Hellsgate,

I would fold here too. A villan who's playing 11/8 shoving 12 BBs from early position will have a pretty tight range here. We would be hoping for overcards at best where we would only be a small favourite.

The blinds don't really add much to the pot when we would have to commit 12BBs.

Even if we saw his card and we were a small favourite against against overs I still don't think I like this spot. We already have a ton of chips losing 12BBs here would be worse for us than picking up 13.5BBs would be good for us. I would be using the big stack to put pressure on if possible but not gamble. Here the opponent is already allin, there's no pressure we can apply.

Thanks
Andrew

Quad Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com